1994 Mercedes-Benz S-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:
20 years after it was built
By uhdeman on 03/24/13 07:13 AM (PDT)

1994 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S420 4dr Sedan

first Mercedes I owned was a used POS 1993 e230 and I hated that thing and I have despised Mercedes since. I recently purchased a 1994 s420(has many problems, 3 hoses leaking power steering,one window and door lock doesnt work, seats are ripped apart, and needs minor body work BUT.. at 114k and paid only $1500 I had to get it. even with me leaving puddles everywhere i go of power steering fluid I LOVE THIS CAR!(i flip cars over 10 years and this is MY FAVORITE car of all time!! it still turns heads and people do stop and stare. Everyone from young to old love this and they tell me. I do work myself on this and parts arent that bad. I love this car as is! I cant wait to get things fixed!

One of the safest cars around
By adeira on 01/27/13 15:33 PM (PST)

1994 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S350D Turbodiesel 4dr Sedan

Great car. This is one of the safest cars on the road and great gas mileage. This diesel engine keeps on going. 94 model had a recall on the motors by Mercedes and most have been replaced. Don't buy one that hasn't been. When your life/kids,grandkids are worth it or for commuting it can't be beat!! Excellent gas mileage 28-30mpg on the highway!!

great car
By ctaylor4968 on 09/19/11 14:01 PM (PDT)

1994 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S320 4dr Sedan

i have over 240k miles on my 94 s320, and it still runs amazing. i have the armored package which comes equipped with bullet proof glass and armored doors. so it is even heavier then your average 320 but still has tremendous power and just hugs the road around those country road turns. gas mileage for year and size of the car isnt to bad, but premium sucks your wallet. i put an after market intake on it to increase gas mileage and run a little cleaner and faster and it works. k&n makes a great intake for it and is a fair price. great safe and reliable car.

positive experience
By amartinez on 04/06/10 21:06 PM (PDT)

1994 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S420 4dr Sedan

I bought this vehicle with 180k on it. The body and interior is still flawless vehicle drive like new I do 150 miles a day both ways to work and I have not had any regrets. Gas mileage is hard because of the premium fuel but well worth the quality of ride and comfort quick on acceleration for a heavy car and quiet as a mouse

400SEL S420 S CLASS W140
By thatsdax on 10/22/08 16:03 PM (PDT)

1994 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S420 4dr Sedan

This is by far the finest car I have ever driven and have ever had the pleasure of owning. This is a large car that is much larger than the little Lexus LS430. Do not get me wrong, the Lexus LS430 is a great little car, but does not compare to this much larger and nicer Benz. There just is no comparison. I have seen attempts to compare The Mercedes W140 to Lexus, and I can tell you, there is no comparison. The Mercedes W140 is an awesome car! Just awesome! The price for admission is not cheap, but if you can afford admission, you will be rewarded with an experience that is like no other. Power, handling, safety, German good looks, super smooth and super silent.

Luxury and style
By guyn858 on 01/17/08 02:27 AM (PST)

1994 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S320 4dr Sedan

Smooth solid running car. I bought it at 94k mi. Every year, $600 replaced Air flow sensor, $600. control arm and bushings. $800 on engine wiring harness. Front spkrs go off/on, head gasket leaked on hot days. At 154k it's a good looking car, wouldn't use it for a daily driver, just for the weekends or short trips. A/c hose leaks.

My First Mercedes
By JON JENNINGS on 11/11/05 19:41 PM (PST)

1994 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S420 4dr Sedan

Since I have owned this car I feel nothing but joy and freedom when I drive it. The power that it delivers makes me wonder why I waited so long to purchase one. This is my first Mercedes but definitely not the last, I promise.

Nice but should be better
By len on 09/10/05 14:52 PM (PDT)

1994 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S320 4dr Sedan

Bought this classic in 1997 as it came off a three year lease. Thoroughly enjoy driving locally (21 mpg) and long distance (27 mpg). But things fail that shouldn't. At about 45,000 miles (and again at 75,000 miles)the vacuum assist pump that latches the doors; at about 60,000 miles the AC compressor requiring the removal and reinstallation of the entire dashboard at a cost of nearly $4,000; at 75,000 miles needed new brakes all around; at 94,000 miles now the windshield wiper system is blowing 40 amp fuses intermittently which has befuddled the dealer. Car still looks and drives great. Hope to see 200,000 miles with no catastrophic mechanical or electrical failures.

Great while it lasted
By Snowman1090 on 08/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S350D Turbodiesel 4dr Sedan

One of the last big body diesels that Mercedes made. But they forgot to design the engine properly so a good amount of them failed pre-maturely. At around 59000 miles this engine needed to be completely rebuilt. Other than that, this car is a pleasure to drive especially for long haul trips.

1994 S600
By tommyaskin on 04/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S600 4dr Sedan

Generally Positive, nice ride.