Used 1994 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Mercedes-benz S-class - Consumer Reviews

1994 Mercedes-Benz S-Class

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:

20 years after it was built
By uhdeman

1994 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S420 4dr Sedan

first Mercedes I owned was a used POS 1993 e230 and I hated that thing and I have despised Mercedes since. I recently purchased a 1994 s420(has many problems, 3 hoses leaking power steering,one window and door lock doesnt work, seats are ripped apart, and needs minor body work BUT.. at 114k and paid only $1500 I had to get it. even with me leaving puddles everywhere i go of power steering fluid I LOVE THIS CAR!(i flip cars over 10 years and this is MY FAVORITE car of all time!! it still turns heads and people do stop and stare. Everyone from young to old love this and they tell me. I do work myself on this and parts arent that bad. I love this car as is! I cant wait to get things fixed!

Favorite Features

It has everything except a glass sunroof, but not complaining. the Double pain bullet proof glass, love it. for a 1994 it has more things than my 2000 740i tho maybe this s-class compares more to the 750il? either way it has it all.

Suggested Improvements

none

One of the safest cars around
By adeira

1994 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S350D Turbodiesel 4dr Sedan

Great car. This is one of the safest cars on the road and great gas mileage. This diesel engine keeps on going. 94 model had a recall on the motors by Mercedes and most have been replaced. Don't buy one that hasn't been. When your life/kids,grandkids are worth it or for commuting it can't be beat!! Excellent gas mileage 28-30mpg on the highway!!

Favorite Features

Gas Mileage SAFETY!!!!! This car has the best ride for trips. Quality is second to none.

Suggested Improvements

You must have the short bloc engine replaced.

great car
By ctaylor4968

1994 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S320 4dr Sedan

i have over 240k miles on my 94 s320, and it still runs amazing. i have the armored package which comes equipped with bullet proof glass and armored doors. so it is even heavier then your average 320 but still has tremendous power and just hugs the road around those country road turns. gas mileage for year and size of the car isnt to bad, but premium sucks your wallet. i put an after market intake on it to increase gas mileage and run a little cleaner and faster and it works. k&n makes a great intake for it and is a fair price. great safe and reliable car.

Favorite Features

pickup for size of car and engine size is great, handling is a dream and smooth ride

positive experience
By amartinez

1994 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S420 4dr Sedan

I bought this vehicle with 180k on it. The body and interior is still flawless vehicle drive like new I do 150 miles a day both ways to work and I have not had any regrets. Gas mileage is hard because of the premium fuel but well worth the quality of ride and comfort quick on acceleration for a heavy car and quiet as a mouse

Favorite Features

retractable headrest.

400SEL S420 S CLASS W140
By thatsdax

1994 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S420 4dr Sedan

This is by far the finest car I have ever driven and have ever had the pleasure of owning. This is a large car that is much larger than the little Lexus LS430. Do not get me wrong, the Lexus LS430 is a great little car, but does not compare to this much larger and nicer Benz. There just is no comparison. I have seen attempts to compare The Mercedes W140 to Lexus, and I can tell you, there is no comparison. The Mercedes W140 is an awesome car! Just awesome! The price for admission is not cheap, but if you can afford admission, you will be rewarded with an experience that is like no other. Power, handling, safety, German good looks, super smooth and super silent.

Favorite Features

Power, handling, smoothness, silence, German good looks, safety, stopping power, headlight brightness.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder or holders. It has one in the glove box. Give me a break! No drive throughs in Germany, but still. Give us a cup holder or 2 that works! Thank you.