Used 2011 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R350 BlueTEC Diesel Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Mercedes-benz R-class - Consumer Reviews

2011 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Diesel

R350 BlueTEC 3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel AWD 7-speed Automatic - (2 reviews )

A totally misunderstood car
By rowner

2011 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Diesel R350 BlueTEC 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I just purchased my second "R" diesel, a 2011, black and almond. Many magazine reviews for this car since its introduction categorizes it as some version of a minivan. Believe me, it is not a minivan by any measure of comparison. It is an SUV, pure and simple! Having owned a MB-GL diesel, a gas ML, and a 2008 R diesel, I can say it is the best of the three models. It has more usable room, weighs less, handles better, accelerates faster, uses less fuel, is more passenger friendly and more comfortable than its MB stablemates. Plus it is $10,000 cheaper than the comparable GL. My 08 R had 50,000 miles on it, all w/o a single mechanical issue or problem.

Favorite Features

The exterior styling was never my favorite feature, but it has grown on me. The few styling revisions of the 2011 model are so subtle that only the discerning eye can tell the difference. The best option package for this car is the diesel version w/Premium 1, no panoramic roof, heated front seats, trailer tow, second row middle seat, basic roof rail system, and parktronic. The MSRP will be around $60,000. I hope that these comments were a help to those considering purchasing this automobile.

Another great Mercedes
By lreidy

I purchased the R-Class From Mercedes Benz of Cincinnati(great dealer) It has all the usual great Mercedes comfort & tech packages. The command center is terrific. Extremely quiet ride. Excellent mileage, great ride, very comfortable seats. I can't think of anything that I do not like about this auto.

Favorite Features

Diesel, command center, heated steering wheel, rear camera,etc.

Suggested Improvements

None