2011 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Diesel - Consumer Reviews

R350 BlueTEC 3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel AWD 7-speed Automatic - (2 reviews )
A totally misunderstood car
By rowner on 02/23/11 12:46 PM (PST)

2011 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Diesel R350 BlueTEC 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I just purchased my second "R" diesel, a 2011, black and almond. Many magazine reviews for this car since its introduction categorizes it as some version of a minivan. Believe me, it is not a minivan by any measure of comparison. It is an SUV, pure and simple! Having owned a MB-GL diesel, a gas ML, and a 2008 R diesel, I can say it is the best of the three models. It has more usable room, weighs less, handles better, accelerates faster, uses less fuel, is more passenger friendly and more comfortable than its MB stablemates. Plus it is $10,000 cheaper than the comparable GL. My 08 R had 50,000 miles on it, all w/o a single mechanical issue or problem.

Another great Mercedes
By lreidy on 12/14/10 05:09 AM (PST)

I purchased the R-Class From Mercedes Benz of Cincinnati(great dealer) It has all the usual great Mercedes comfort & tech packages. The command center is terrific. Extremely quiet ride. Excellent mileage, great ride, very comfortable seats. I can't think of anything that I do not like about this auto.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Diesel in VA is:

$180 per month*