Ultimate Wagon
By Roy on
2009 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R320 BlueTEC 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)
We have owned this car (staton wagon) for approx 1-1/2 years. Through this time it has been found to be totally reliable, with zero repairs needed and only oil changes along with scheduled maintenance. We live in Alberta where the the winter weather can be vary from intermittent freeze thaw, providing ice and snow and slush. With the vehicle weighing 5100 lbs, all wheel drive, traction and brake control; it handles all these conditions at posted speed limits while sitting back in luxury. At -40 deg there is no need for block heater, as this car starts every time. Also for a 5100 lb car it still gets 30+ mpg. Compared to North American cars this one has ample head room for me being 6'4" tall.
Favorite Features
Reliable, Traction, handling, fuel mileage, luxury. Smoother ride and better handling than any Cadillac or Lincoln I have previously owned. Also, price is very comparable to NA cas with same features.
Suggested Improvements
Mercedes recommends changing oil every 10,000 miles. I am more comfortable to do so at half that interval so I do it myself between the scheduled maintenance at the dealership. Would be convenient to have small hatch cover under the oil drain plug instead of having to remove whole from belly cover.