We love our well-kept secret
By MSS on
2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R350 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 7A)
I practically stumbled across this car when I decided to check out the MB lot just for the heck of it one day. We had been looking closely at the GMC Acadia and Buick Enclave, but I was blown away by the interior size, comfort and luxury touches of this vehicle. Our R class includes fantastic features such as the backup camera, panorama roof (awesome), 6 CD changer, Sirius radio for 6 months, and the 7 seat option. The car rides very well and the torque makes up for what the HP lacks. Although I should say with three kids, I want exactly looking for massive power -- more for interior space and three rows of seats, which the R class has in spades.
Favorite Features
Cavernous room in the interior. Even the third row is generous. MB quality, smooth yet sporty feel, panorama roof, backup camera, Nav system, michelin tires, easy access to the back row, parktronic, even the Smart Key is cool.
Suggested Improvements
Would like better back visibility. The windshield doesn't appear to have tinting - the sun blares in. If I'm not careful, I'm going to wreck this car playing with all the toys (Nav, Sirius, CD changer, etc). Shouldn't leather be included at this price point?