2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Consumer Review: A Family Vehicle with lots of

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class - Consumer Review

A Family Vehicle with lots of room
By Alison on

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We needed a family vehicle that could seat 6-7 people comfortably and still provide space for baby gear, groceries or luggage. We wanted a cross-over type of vehicle, not a monster SUV, and something that still provided luxury, safety and performance. I have been an Audi driver for the past five years so comfort, performance and safety were key. After looking at a number of vehicles we decided to look at the R Class. (The Audi Q7 didn't cut it with cubic space.) I am very pleased with the key factors I had to consider and extremely happy with the space we were seeking. We chose the P1 package with a couple of extras, the I-pod hook up (I love) and heated seats.

Easy access, automatic opening and closing of the trunk, i-pod connection, ability to operate many features on the steering wheel and the park-tronic.

Bigger side view mirrors, more HP, lags a bit on acceleration. Bluetooth set up very expensive - should be a standard (safety)feature no matter what. Move the tip-tronic buttons & cruise control arm! I hit them constantly, accidentally & it drives me nuts. Make song titles viewable on nav screen.