2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific R-Class model:
Excellent Vehicle for Our Needs
By RPC on 03/12/08 13:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We had a Mecedes wagon with a rear seat but were looking for a vehicle with a larger interior. We also waited for the 2008 that created a 3 person seat in the second row. This vehicle has been everything my wife has wanted and she can handle its size even in tight locations. She loves to drive it. I happen to like to drive it as well. With all the SUVs on the road and having two younger children, we feel much safer in this vehicle, even over the MB wagon. The long wheel base makes for a very smooth drive and ride (even in the 3rd seat that two adults can sit comfortably in). This is definitely a vehicle worth test driving! It will make you strongly consider it as a purchase option.

We love our well-kept secret
By MSS on 03/07/08 14:35 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I practically stumbled across this car when I decided to check out the MB lot just for the heck of it one day. We had been looking closely at the GMC Acadia and Buick Enclave, but I was blown away by the interior size, comfort and luxury touches of this vehicle. Our R class includes fantastic features such as the backup camera, panorama roof (awesome), 6 CD changer, Sirius radio for 6 months, and the 7 seat option. The car rides very well and the torque makes up for what the HP lacks. Although I should say with three kids, I want exactly looking for massive power -- more for interior space and three rows of seats, which the R class has in spades.

A perfect compromise
By Joe Brasco on 03/02/08 17:59 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This car a fantastic family verhicle. Not only does it ride like a Mercedes S-Class but it has the same unrivaled leg room - even in the third row. I love th ease of converting from three rows to two and back - the only car I know where this can be done with one hand from the rear of the car while loading! You will love riding this car and long road trips will be a breeze.

Smooth & Spacious
By David on 02/27/08 22:10 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We are so happy with this car. We chose it over the LR3. MDX. XC90. Q7. It's smooth, spacious and solid. It's got the space inside that others have wasted. This is a well designed and very unique car. I would buy again.

A Family Vehicle with lots of room
By Alison on 01/29/08 12:19 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We needed a family vehicle that could seat 6-7 people comfortably and still provide space for baby gear, groceries or luggage. We wanted a cross-over type of vehicle, not a monster SUV, and something that still provided luxury, safety and performance. I have been an Audi driver for the past five years so comfort, performance and safety were key. After looking at a number of vehicles we decided to look at the R Class. (The Audi Q7 didn't cut it with cubic space.) I am very pleased with the key factors I had to consider and extremely happy with the space we were seeking. We chose the P1 package with a couple of extras, the I-pod hook up (I love) and heated seats.

If you have car seats
By Plano, TX- Mom on 11/25/07 07:04 AM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We came across the R350 when looking at the GL450. We have two car seats but needed a 3rd row periodically when my parents are staying with us. You can only access the third row from the passenger side in the GL (and most SUV's)which is difficult for my parents. We then looked at the R350 and you can access the rear row even with car seats in the 2nd row,from both sides. The 3rd row are real seats and have very good leg room and child seat anchors if needed. The ride & handling of the car are very good. We also got the P2 package which gave us some great options, mem seats, nav, HK stereo, hands free phone(w/bluetooth) etc. After looking at 6 vehicles, we are thrilled with the R350.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.