2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific R-Class model:
What to call the R-Class...Nice!
By Rodney on 08/12/08 20:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My wife and I were in the market to replace our Yukon XL 4x4. We were looking at the GMC Arcadia and Buick Enclave when at the time I became aquainted with an R350 at our research lab for vehicle design and repairability review. With all of the safety features this car provided along with the amazing interior room, the R class was just right for my family of 5. I am a first time MB buyer so this may be the last one I buy or the first of many. We are so very pleased with the vehicle. It drives like a cloud. We thought we would miss the Yukon, but those memories are gone. This car provides for all of our needs and then some. We just love this car!

R-Class, Where you grow to after a van
By Heris on 07/17/08 05:30 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R350 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My title says it all. The R-Class is the vehicle you grow to after the kids are too big for a van anymore. Teens now drive, they're too cool and big to be climbing in a van and this is just perfect. There's room for the drums and trips to the warehouse stores. It's not too tall so you don't get dirty getting stuff out of the back. It's better than a modern wagon. It's better than a van. It's better than I could ever imagine. Mercedes Benz is right on for the people that this was designed for but missing the marketing boat! They really need to interview some of us late 40's crowd. Have hand issues? Weak wrists? Carpal tunnel? You'll love how you shift gears in this jet. Lightly tap a button!

Best car of the World!
By Jeff on 07/17/08 02:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R320 CDI 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

We were looking for a vehicle which could accommodate a 7 member family. We love the R-class and comfort of Mercedes. It's absolutely quiet inside and got decent accelaration for such a vehicle. Overall I give it a 100% score

Love this vehicle!
By Mara on 07/10/08 16:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R320 CDI 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

We were looking for passenger room, and better fuel economy than our Suburban, and were very interested in a diesel. This vehicle looks sharp, seats 6-7 very comfortably, and I couldn't be happier driving it! We average 28 mpg with highway driving, and about 23 in town. With the back seat down, there is good storage space, and when using the back seat for passengers, no one complains about the comfort back there, as they did in the Suburban. We are thrilled with this vehicle!

Why buy the R-Class
By Sheri on 07/03/08 12:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R320 CDI 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

You'll love this vehicle if you have "tweens". Those teens that are not licensed to drive alone, so you still have to haul them and their high school buddies one or two more years. These teens have outgrown the 'soccer mom's van' and they, too, want to look cool if they are still going to have to be chauffeured by Mom or Dad. The driver will love saving your wrists and joints by just having to tap with your finger the steering column wand to change gears. 26 mpg is a deal sealer on this large vehicle. This is such a wonderful vehicle! You need to market to true baby boomers and tween families, such as I described. CALL this vehicle a WAGON... and it ain't yo' mama's wagon of the past

Outstanding New MB
By Marcia Miller on 06/05/08 15:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R320 CDI 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

This car drives and rides like a car but has large seating (7) capacity and good storage availibility for whatever. It's handling is exceptional considering its size. This is one outstanding vehicle. My R is a CDI which gives me lots of power and good mileage for a 5000+ lb. car.

Supremely Practical--with compromises
By NYC Driver Fam of 5 on 05/04/08 18:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Bought this car after an exhaustive research process into every car with 3 row. Did not want giant SUV (Suburban, Esalade) and biggest new Lexus did not have comfy back row. R-Class is extremely comfy in all rows. Middle row even shifts forward allowing additional room in the rear, if desired. Car runs very smoothly as one would expect from a MB. Middle row appears to have as much leg room as an S-Class and more head room. We opted for the center seat, which is good for child, but not full width. Cargo space with all seats in place is okay, but not great. Rear seats manually fold flat like a minivans. MB did away with the 5.0 litre engine. 3.5 is sluggish and a disappointment.

Got what I was looking for
By NSIM on 04/11/08 13:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R350 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We were looking for a vehicle which could accommodate a 6 member family. Test drove most of the vehicles and finally ended up on the best one. We just love the class and comfort of Mercedes. Though I am bit skeptical about the Merc's notorious reliability, everything is fine so far. It's absolutely quiet inside and got decent accelaration for such a heavy vehicle. Overall I give it a 95% score

I love my R-Class
By Dorthy S. on 03/16/08 10:38 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R350 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My previous car was an E350 MB. While I loved the handling and styling of the car, I chose the R-class for the room and seating capacity. However I was also surprised with the way the car handles and I really love the styling. I pretty much leave the rear seats down but I like knowing that they are available if needed. I love how long the cargo space is with the 2nd row laid down for extra room If I need to haul longer items. Right now with the great lease and retail programs they have on the R- class, it makes it a great value.

Excellent Vehicle for Our Needs
By RPC on 03/12/08 13:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R350 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We had a Mecedes wagon with a rear seat but were looking for a vehicle with a larger interior. We also waited for the 2008 that created a 3 person seat in the second row. This vehicle has been everything my wife has wanted and she can handle its size even in tight locations. She loves to drive it. I happen to like to drive it as well. With all the SUVs on the road and having two younger children, we feel much safer in this vehicle, even over the MB wagon. The long wheel base makes for a very smooth drive and ride (even in the 3rd seat that two adults can sit comfortably in). This is definitely a vehicle worth test driving! It will make you strongly consider it as a purchase option.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.