2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific R-Class model:
A good family car
By JW on 04/27/09 12:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We traded in our Porsche Cayenne for an R350 due to passenger limitation in the Porsche. The Mercedes offered a spacious interior with comfort and luxury as well as easy maneuverability. The engine can be sluggish to start but the ride is smooth once you get going. If you're tall, you may want to think twice as there is little clearance between my head and the interior roof of the car without moving the seat all the way down. The sun visor is also tricky to put down without having to move my head back. Difficult to get used to after having 2 suv's with more height and flexibility.

R350
By BWoodward on 12/31/08 06:50 AM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I am coming from a 2007 Escalade ESV and have to say I had a lot of reservations about "downsizing"! We have 4 kids 2 of which in car seats and wow is all I can say about this car. I love that the 2nd row seats can move back and forth allowing for very easy access to the 3rd row which seats my 6ft plus 15 year old very nicely! The pick up is great and it is tons of fun to drive. Not too mention very pleasing to the eye to look at. I would say so far my only con is that it seems to have a lot of little things go wrong. Less then a month of owning it the steering column broke in my kids school parking lot and I could not turn the wheels which was scary to say the least.

Underrated Great Family Crossover
By yetialan on 09/10/08 21:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Pro’s: I had an BMW X3 and drove the X5 along with the MDX the MB had the smoothest ride, best safety features (BMW doesn’t have third row curtin airbags), 3 rows of seating and the greatest comfort in the third row. Pricing was excellent got almost 16K off a brand new 08 and low 66 month 2.9% financing. Everything top of the line quality, metal feels thick strong and confident on the road. MB originally wanted to sell these in 06 for 60-80K. This was built to be a great cruiser like the s class. Feels like the s class and the panoramic roof is incredible. Cons: Navi not easy to use

What to call the R-Class...Nice!
By Rodney on 08/12/08 20:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My wife and I were in the market to replace our Yukon XL 4x4. We were looking at the GMC Arcadia and Buick Enclave when at the time I became aquainted with an R350 at our research lab for vehicle design and repairability review. With all of the safety features this car provided along with the amazing interior room, the R class was just right for my family of 5. I am a first time MB buyer so this may be the last one I buy or the first of many. We are so very pleased with the vehicle. It drives like a cloud. We thought we would miss the Yukon, but those memories are gone. This car provides for all of our needs and then some. We just love this car!

Supremely Practical--with compromises
By NYC Driver Fam of 5 on 05/04/08 18:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Bought this car after an exhaustive research process into every car with 3 row. Did not want giant SUV (Suburban, Esalade) and biggest new Lexus did not have comfy back row. R-Class is extremely comfy in all rows. Middle row even shifts forward allowing additional room in the rear, if desired. Car runs very smoothly as one would expect from a MB. Middle row appears to have as much leg room as an S-Class and more head room. We opted for the center seat, which is good for child, but not full width. Cargo space with all seats in place is okay, but not great. Rear seats manually fold flat like a minivans. MB did away with the 5.0 litre engine. 3.5 is sluggish and a disappointment.

A perfect compromise
By Joe Brasco on 03/02/08 17:59 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This car a fantastic family verhicle. Not only does it ride like a Mercedes S-Class but it has the same unrivaled leg room - even in the third row. I love th ease of converting from three rows to two and back - the only car I know where this can be done with one hand from the rear of the car while loading! You will love riding this car and long road trips will be a breeze.

Smooth & Spacious
By David on 02/27/08 22:10 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We are so happy with this car. We chose it over the LR3. MDX. XC90. Q7. It's smooth, spacious and solid. It's got the space inside that others have wasted. This is a well designed and very unique car. I would buy again.

A Family Vehicle with lots of room
By Alison on 01/29/08 12:19 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We needed a family vehicle that could seat 6-7 people comfortably and still provide space for baby gear, groceries or luggage. We wanted a cross-over type of vehicle, not a monster SUV, and something that still provided luxury, safety and performance. I have been an Audi driver for the past five years so comfort, performance and safety were key. After looking at a number of vehicles we decided to look at the R Class. (The Audi Q7 didn't cut it with cubic space.) I am very pleased with the key factors I had to consider and extremely happy with the space we were seeking. We chose the P1 package with a couple of extras, the I-pod hook up (I love) and heated seats.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.