2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific R-Class model:
Mercedes R350
By jayw5 on 07/30/12 10:25 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The Mercedes R350 is the worst car ever, visibility is poor but the car is very stable driving at high speeds. I purchased an extended warranty thinking that I was going to keep the car but I am rushing to get rid of it. The car only has 45,000 miles but have replaced the battery three times due to a faulty computer, and front shock @ 20,000 miles and the other front shock @ 40,000 miles. Each shock is $1,300 dollars, no mechanic want to touch it.

It's Not a Minivan
By Savage on 05/01/09 22:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Due to the growing size of our family a car that seated 6 or more was in order. We did not want a minivan, already had an SUV, wanted a wagon or something that drove more like a car for our long road trips to the beach. This Crossover gives everyone their own room and plenty of it with a nice smooth ride. Bought used and it was well worth the price (new was out of our league), plus it has the Warranty so Mercedes service fixes almost everything.

A good family car
By JW on 04/27/09 12:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We traded in our Porsche Cayenne for an R350 due to passenger limitation in the Porsche. The Mercedes offered a spacious interior with comfort and luxury as well as easy maneuverability. The engine can be sluggish to start but the ride is smooth once you get going. If you're tall, you may want to think twice as there is little clearance between my head and the interior roof of the car without moving the seat all the way down. The sun visor is also tricky to put down without having to move my head back. Difficult to get used to after having 2 suv's with more height and flexibility.

R350
By BWoodward on 12/31/08 06:50 AM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I am coming from a 2007 Escalade ESV and have to say I had a lot of reservations about "downsizing"! We have 4 kids 2 of which in car seats and wow is all I can say about this car. I love that the 2nd row seats can move back and forth allowing for very easy access to the 3rd row which seats my 6ft plus 15 year old very nicely! The pick up is great and it is tons of fun to drive. Not too mention very pleasing to the eye to look at. I would say so far my only con is that it seems to have a lot of little things go wrong. Less then a month of owning it the steering column broke in my kids school parking lot and I could not turn the wheels which was scary to say the least.

Underrated Great Family Crossover
By yetialan on 09/10/08 21:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Pro’s: I had an BMW X3 and drove the X5 along with the MDX the MB had the smoothest ride, best safety features (BMW doesn’t have third row curtin airbags), 3 rows of seating and the greatest comfort in the third row. Pricing was excellent got almost 16K off a brand new 08 and low 66 month 2.9% financing. Everything top of the line quality, metal feels thick strong and confident on the road. MB originally wanted to sell these in 06 for 60-80K. This was built to be a great cruiser like the s class. Feels like the s class and the panoramic roof is incredible. Cons: Navi not easy to use

What to call the R-Class...Nice!
By Rodney on 08/12/08 20:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My wife and I were in the market to replace our Yukon XL 4x4. We were looking at the GMC Arcadia and Buick Enclave when at the time I became aquainted with an R350 at our research lab for vehicle design and repairability review. With all of the safety features this car provided along with the amazing interior room, the R class was just right for my family of 5. I am a first time MB buyer so this may be the last one I buy or the first of many. We are so very pleased with the vehicle. It drives like a cloud. We thought we would miss the Yukon, but those memories are gone. This car provides for all of our needs and then some. We just love this car!

R-Class, Where you grow to after a van
By Heris on 07/17/08 05:30 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My title says it all. The R-Class is the vehicle you grow to after the kids are too big for a van anymore. Teens now drive, they're too cool and big to be climbing in a van and this is just perfect. There's room for the drums and trips to the warehouse stores. It's not too tall so you don't get dirty getting stuff out of the back. It's better than a modern wagon. It's better than a van. It's better than I could ever imagine. Mercedes Benz is right on for the people that this was designed for but missing the marketing boat! They really need to interview some of us late 40's crowd. Have hand issues? Weak wrists? Carpal tunnel? You'll love how you shift gears in this jet. Lightly tap a button!

Supremely Practical--with compromises
By NYC Driver Fam of 5 on 05/04/08 18:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Bought this car after an exhaustive research process into every car with 3 row. Did not want giant SUV (Suburban, Esalade) and biggest new Lexus did not have comfy back row. R-Class is extremely comfy in all rows. Middle row even shifts forward allowing additional room in the rear, if desired. Car runs very smoothly as one would expect from a MB. Middle row appears to have as much leg room as an S-Class and more head room. We opted for the center seat, which is good for child, but not full width. Cargo space with all seats in place is okay, but not great. Rear seats manually fold flat like a minivans. MB did away with the 5.0 litre engine. 3.5 is sluggish and a disappointment.

Got what I was looking for
By NSIM on 04/11/08 13:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We were looking for a vehicle which could accommodate a 6 member family. Test drove most of the vehicles and finally ended up on the best one. We just love the class and comfort of Mercedes. Though I am bit skeptical about the Merc's notorious reliability, everything is fine so far. It's absolutely quiet inside and got decent accelaration for such a heavy vehicle. Overall I give it a 95% score

I love my R-Class
By Dorthy S. on 03/16/08 10:38 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My previous car was an E350 MB. While I loved the handling and styling of the car, I chose the R-class for the room and seating capacity. However I was also surprised with the way the car handles and I really love the styling. I pretty much leave the rear seats down but I like knowing that they are available if needed. I love how long the cargo space is with the 2nd row laid down for extra room If I need to haul longer items. Right now with the great lease and retail programs they have on the R- class, it makes it a great value.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.