Used 2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R350 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mercedes-benz R-class - Consumer Reviews

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class

View reviews for a specific R-Class model:

Mercedes R350
By jayw5

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R350 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The Mercedes R350 is the worst car ever, visibility is poor but the car is very stable driving at high speeds. I purchased an extended warranty thinking that I was going to keep the car but I am rushing to get rid of it. The car only has 45,000 miles but have replaced the battery three times due to a faulty computer, and front shock @ 20,000 miles and the other front shock @ 40,000 miles. Each shock is $1,300 dollars, no mechanic want to touch it.

Favorite Features

The ride is comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Very poor visibility

It's Not a Minivan
By Savage

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R350 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Due to the growing size of our family a car that seated 6 or more was in order. We did not want a minivan, already had an SUV, wanted a wagon or something that drove more like a car for our long road trips to the beach. This Crossover gives everyone their own room and plenty of it with a nice smooth ride. Bought used and it was well worth the price (new was out of our league), plus it has the Warranty so Mercedes service fixes almost everything.

Favorite Features

The kids love the Panoramic Sunroof. I enjoy the roominess as I'm 6 foot 3. My wife loves the automatic liftgate, opens up with a button and the kids just climb in the back. 7-Seat option is a must. I-Pod connector is cool.

Suggested Improvements

MPG is OK Windshield wiper switch is in a can't see location. I have it memorized now.

R-Class, Where you grow to after a van
By Heris

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R350 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My title says it all. The R-Class is the vehicle you grow to after the kids are too big for a van anymore. Teens now drive, they're too cool and big to be climbing in a van and this is just perfect. There's room for the drums and trips to the warehouse stores. It's not too tall so you don't get dirty getting stuff out of the back. It's better than a modern wagon. It's better than a van. It's better than I could ever imagine. Mercedes Benz is right on for the people that this was designed for but missing the marketing boat! They really need to interview some of us late 40's crowd. Have hand issues? Weak wrists? Carpal tunnel? You'll love how you shift gears in this jet. Lightly tap a button!

Favorite Features

Automatic liftgate, hands free phone, parktronic laser letting you know if you're too close to an object when parking, power seats, quick touch cruise control and gear shifting, huge back trunk space when back seats are folded down, large spacious ride for 2nd and 3rd rows. My teens love this wagon.

Suggested Improvements

More storage up front for large map books, room for a purse or a hook, driver drink holder moved forward, pedal adjustments. Use Hyundai's Hands Free Voice system Vs MB. Include distronics, nav, dvd, leather in base package. Darker sunscreen tint on front, drivers, and front passenger windows.

Got what I was looking for
By NSIM

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R350 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We were looking for a vehicle which could accommodate a 6 member family. Test drove most of the vehicles and finally ended up on the best one. We just love the class and comfort of Mercedes. Though I am bit skeptical about the Merc's notorious reliability, everything is fine so far. It's absolutely quiet inside and got decent accelaration for such a heavy vehicle. Overall I give it a 95% score

Favorite Features

Spacious interior for comfortably seating 6 people, interior design, back up camera, park assist, bluetooth, memory seat and auto folding exterior mirrors

Suggested Improvements

Remote start, more luggage space when all 6 seats are used.

I love my R-Class
By Dorthy S.

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R350 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My previous car was an E350 MB. While I loved the handling and styling of the car, I chose the R-class for the room and seating capacity. However I was also surprised with the way the car handles and I really love the styling. I pretty much leave the rear seats down but I like knowing that they are available if needed. I love how long the cargo space is with the 2nd row laid down for extra room If I need to haul longer items. Right now with the great lease and retail programs they have on the R- class, it makes it a great value.

Favorite Features

Room, sat radio, I-pod Integration Kit 7-speed transmission, tele-aid, safety features, bucket seats, multifunction steering wheel controls, voice activation, blue tooth phone capability.

Suggested Improvements

CD ripper, module free Bluetooth, auto dimming rearview and sideview should be standard equipment.