The Only All-In-One Vehicle You'll Need!
By JoyRen on
2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)
We have one child and another on the way. We owned a Cherokee & a G35. We decided the two cars were unnecessary. We had been looking at XC90, Pilot, Odyssey, X5, ML, etc. We weren't planning on buying until the Spring or Summer, but after visiting the MB showroom we were so impressed by the R and the fantastic end of year incentives, we bought it. It costs me less per month than my G35 did! The R is wonderful and a perfect replacement for both my old cars. Home Depot trip? Drop all the seats and I have more room than in the jeep (I use a heavy duty blanket to protect). We love road trips and have big families. Perfect for long excursions. MB Safety. My family loves the R.
Favorite Features
Panoramic sunroof, qualtiy, comfort and the fun "Party Bus" feeling when traveling with many people. Although not fantastic on fuel, when you figure you don't need two cars anymore, you may be actually saving gas in the end. My insurance also dropped almost $125 a month!
Suggested Improvements
New York State should allow diesel. I would have gotten one if they did. The gas powered V-6 is not fantastic on fuel, but not bad either. Power is enough but no hot rod punch. Otherwise, the R really takes you on a ride in a new kind of vehicle.