Superior Safety, Excellent Economy, Comfort for Six.
By rclasscdi on
2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R320 CDI 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)
I researched every vehicle that would seat 6 adults. The rear seats in most SUVs do not accommodate adults. In contrast, the R-class rear seats are perfectly comfortable and roomy for full-sized adults. The only vehicles that equal the R-class for access and comfort for 6 adults are minivans. The diesel engine is amazing. We get 28-30 mpg on trips. Power is plentiful, except from a dead stop, due to minor turbo lag. If you plan to dart away from each stop light, then go with the R500. Otherwise, you will love the CDI and the additional 10+ mpg. Ultimately I chose the R-class because it had the best combination of safety, luxury features and comfortable room for 6 adults.
Favorite Features
I have every option, including Distronic Cruise, Keyless Go, Air Suspension, Voice Control, etc. I appreciate the thought and engineering that went into each feature. Rear passengers love the panorama room. I appreciate knowing my family is in such a safe vehicle (crash survivability, all-wheel-drive, etc). As an added bonus, I also greatly appreciate getting 28-30 mpg on road trips, especially considering this car weighs 5000+ lbs. An excellent car overall.
Suggested Improvements
None