Poor Warranty from Mercedes Benz
By nvbusa on
2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)
Who would ever think you would need to replace a bumper seal?? My R350 apparently did and MB will not cover it. Poor craftsmanship I say. The seal went causing rain water to run into the seal and in the trunk, where the computer is causing it to short out. Now I am stuck with a $2,500.00 repair bill. My first and last Mercedes. Since they will NOT cover such a repair. It's not like a wear and tear item that I should have replaced. Not to mention the other 4 times it was towed in for electrical and computer issues. Leaving my wife and kids stranded on the highway. Mercedes Benz VERY POOR warranty choice.
Favorite Features
Comfort inside
Suggested Improvements
FIx all electrical issues. Warranty items that are not wear and tear items. Would anyone ever replace a bumper seal?
By rachel427
on 05/15/13 03:53 AM (PDT)

I have a car in my shop today with the same problem, rear bumper seal leaking water into the spare tire area, causing the fuse block to get wet and rear signal acquisition module to get wet as well. we noticed this after the customer had parked the r 350 and cooling fan stayed on causing the battery to drain.

By r320
on 07/23/13 22:15 PM (PDT)

Have you replace the power steering unit due to oil leak already?