Love My R-Class!
By Cathy on
2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)
We traded in out 2004 Jeep GC Limited for the MB R-Class and I could not be happier! This vehicle handles beautifully and while the styling may not be for everyone, I find it very attractive. I was considering the Volvo SUV or Audi Q7 but fell in love once I test drove the MB (and got great incentives to buy, too). You don't see yourself coming and going in this car, which I like, plus it handles more like a car (dare I say sports car?) than most SUVs I have driven. The ride is comfortable, the interior is well-finished and luxurious, seating and leg room is ample, and cargo space is generous. There should be more standard options, considering the base price, though.
Favorite Features
Captain's chairs in second row and the best seats one could ride in! More leg room than I thought possible, panoramic sunroof, quiet ride. While I miss the initial "punch" of my Jeep's V8, the V6 has great power and I am getting better gas mileage than before.
Suggested Improvements
The clock is too small and hard to find and it is too easy to hit transmission controls behind the steering wheel and downshift while driving. Blind spots while getting used to this vehicle are intimidating, as it is longer by almost two feet than my Jeep! Parking is tricky b/c of the size.