2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific R-Class model:
r 350
By iliana woodford on 04/06/09 15:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Drives nicely, low maintenance. Changed 4 tires at 23,000 miles looks fancy and with style not to many people have it. Paint always looks shiny looks as new. Good acoustic, you can all talk and be heard inside the car, different from other vans where only the people in the front can talk. Very silent the motor, no noise from the outside, you get the feeling you are inside a private mini jet.

Objective Review
By Rocket Man on 02/12/09 05:51 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

It's an excellent car with great performance during extreme weather conditions. This car cuts through snow very nicely.

Great car, but a ton of money
By big dan on 08/13/08 14:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The interior is superb, roomy, and comfortable. Except for a driveline noise that seems to be appearing, the interior is quiet and the ride is smooth. You can tell that the engine is a little small for this 5000lb beast, but the 7-speed makes do with what it's got to make it manageable. Fuel mileage is around 17.5 city and 22 highway. Not bad for a 7 passenger vehicle! The maintenance cost is high, so beware. An oil change (just oil, nothing else!) is $280. You can do the maintenance yourself, but I am expecting a challenge from MB on lease turn in time.

Mom with Style
By Maria on 03/13/08 21:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I wanted to get a nice safe reliable car that had a lot of room but wasnt your typical "mom car" I had only seen a few of these so I wasnt sure about it. I test drove it and I loved it. Its spacious, its nice, safe and reliable.

Great car!
By mommyof2 on 02/23/08 13:32 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We bought our R-class in May of 07 and love it! It is excellent in the snow and there is a lot of room in for all of our stuff! We have little boy so with little ones comes carseats, strollers and bags..the R-class accomodates all of these very well. The only thing I wish it would have had is a middle console in the second row, which is now available on the 08 model. Other than that we love the car. A great buy and reasonably priced for a Mercedes.

Emphasis on Ride/Comfort not Reliability
By ZTG on 02/22/08 08:09 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The R350 was a very good choice at the time of purchase because it was the first true cross-over that focused on room & comfort. The interior design is ingeniously ergonomic. The performance is quaite acceptable for a station- wagon type vehicle. Much to my surprise, there were quite a few intermittent reliability issues (i.e.; the rear hatch would drain the battery in wet conditions. MB did not figure this out until the hatch completely failed.

6 months old
By Ed on 01/26/08 14:06 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Great car, fun to drive, Really big and somewhat difficult to park. Exceptionally good performance and gas mileage for a 6 cyl. Quality everywhere with no problems in first 6 months although at the 30 day checkup the service department was a poor. I won't be back to the selling dealer. Skip the parktronic and rear camera. They are only good from about 3 feet.

Not bad - could be better
By exV70R driver on 01/22/08 14:10 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R500 4dr Wagon AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I have 4 small children and I needed a car that would seat all of us. I must admit I wasn't thrilled with the looks of the car and considered it only because it would hold everyone in relative comfort and because the 2008s were on the way and the dealerships had boatloads to get rid of in late July. Having come from a Volvo V70R, I had to have the V8 and not the V6. While the R500 is a great choice for someone with 4 kids, it is nowhere near as responsive or fun to drive as the Volvo. To be fair, the V70R is the Sport version and the R500 has never pretended to be remotely sporty - unless you want to lay down 80 large for the AMG version. After all, its a glorified minivan/station wagon.

I Wish I Could Reverse Time
By dave on 12/30/07 15:43 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I bought this car thinking it would be a huge hit and I would be one of the first to have one. It seems like I am the only to have one. Personally, I think it looks great. I luckily avoided black because it looks like a hearse is that color. I got the 350 because the 500 was that much more money. This car has extreme steering vibration at high speeds. This vibration also comes with a deep noise that does not sound too good. Yacht length rear doors make nearly imposible to avoid denting a car in a parking lot. Head-lamps keep flashing, door handle does not work at times and reverse lights sometimes fail to work.

Not your mother's minivan!
By jenlong on 09/23/07 08:59 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We've been driving this beauty around for about a month and couldn't be happier. The R350 is a pleasure to look at, a pleasure to sit in and just plain fun. The kids love it, I love it and it's just surpassed my every expectation...which were high. I come from a long line of MB owners and have come to expect quality and performance, I got them both here. It's not just pretty to look at, it does it's fair share of hauling and stopping and starting in style. I compared it to the Volvo XC90 and just couldn't handle the 'Jeep like' feel of the Volvo. This feels like a luxury car that can also handle lots of people. We love it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.