2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific R-Class model:
R500
By Christian on 06/30/10 16:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R500 4dr Wagon AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Bought it in aug of 2009 at 7,300 miles from a private party. Window sticker showed $68k msrp (loaded with options). Personally don't think the car worth that much. But buying it used at less than half what it stickered, it makes it a great deal. My first MB. Have had 3 bmws, 2 Lexus. Was a little worried about reliability but so far it's been bullet proof at 20k miles. Car rides nice and smooth (too smooth I think). Great on trips with 2 small children with dvd in back. Extremely comfortable overall. I just hope it stays reliable after warranty. Gets about 14.5 mpg with suburb driving and up to 19 if on hwy all the way. Not too bad for 5.0 motor

Not bad - could be better
By exV70R driver on 01/22/08 14:10 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R500 4dr Wagon AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I have 4 small children and I needed a car that would seat all of us. I must admit I wasn't thrilled with the looks of the car and considered it only because it would hold everyone in relative comfort and because the 2008s were on the way and the dealerships had boatloads to get rid of in late July. Having come from a Volvo V70R, I had to have the V8 and not the V6. While the R500 is a great choice for someone with 4 kids, it is nowhere near as responsive or fun to drive as the Volvo. To be fair, the V70R is the Sport version and the R500 has never pretended to be remotely sporty - unless you want to lay down 80 large for the AMG version. After all, its a glorified minivan/station wagon.

Almost 1 year old and still in love!
By David on 08/15/07 16:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R500 4dr Wagon AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I am one of those crazies who trades every year. This vehicle may finally be the one that passes the year mark for me. Perfect ride, perfect power. Still one of the freshest looks out there in the sea of bland auto designs. No, I still haven't gotten use to the minivan stigma, but boy once they ride in it, the critics convert quickly. Interesting that other makers are rushing this look to market. Can't wait to see what MB does at mid-cycle to freshen the front end.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.