Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R350 Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercedes-benz R-class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific R-Class model:

Just purchased car 4 month ago and PROBLEMS already!!! HELP
By msbenz1105

2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Im a 1st Mercedes buyer that had my eyes on the r350 since I saw it for the first time 2 yrs ago. I told myself that car will be my next purchase and so i decided to get rid of my 2000 Lexus GS300 that I had for 10 yrs and LOVED and buy the R350. Excited and pleased with my new purchase until about 2 weeks ago. My SRS indicator lit up( and is still on just out of no where), my ac System continue to stay on and blow air after car is off and key out, sometimes don't even turn the ac on and fan still runs?? And now my battery dies everyday. Had to just start it for the last 4 days...Has any one every had any of these problems, please reply back.

Nothing but regret!!!!
By funandfamily

2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

used 2007 R350. Did my homework but went against my gut and intelligence and bought a clean used r350 with 51k on it. Had the MB dealer check it out, check the codes..& 200plus to be extra careful. the history was good, so I bought the giant car my wife liked. I even forked out $400 to have the trans serviced to be extra thoughtful. Every two weeks since it goes to the dealer. One expensive thing after another. Power steering unit $1,100.00 Gas vapor purge valve $500.00 plus. Peeling rubber coating on controls... Now HVAC control stuck on full heat... Conclusion. It is not about the model, it is about MB's now third world manufacturing and reliability! ForSale

Favorite Features

Big and comfortable

Suggested Improvements

Reliability or a longer warranty. Quality over Quantity once again??

MUST READ!!! - Cash Test
By usarmy89delta

2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

After reading some review Ive decided to write my own. In 2008 I bought for my spouse an R350 4Matic. We drove it and took it on trips all the time and never gave us any trouble (except a few blown lights) and eventually put close to 40k miles on it. On June 2010 my wife was driving in the city with both our kids when an elderly lady wich had a suspended licence drove right into her lane (she crashed head on). When I arrived I saw the car totalled but my wife and kids with out a scratch on. The car's crash alert system had been activated (it moved the drivers seat all the way forward, it moved the steering wheel, cut the engine and even placed the hazards lights on).

Favorite Features

My dad always told me that a car is just a car that takes you from point A to point B. But on this day I realized why we crazy MB owners pay what we pay, safety and peace of mind. So here I am about to purchase my 2nd R-Class.

Not the Mercedes I previously owned
By ruth20

2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Over $6000.00 in repairs in one year. Suspension, computer, and had to order a new key fob after the two that came with the R350 wore out, $180.00 for a new one, and it is made quite well and will probably outlast the wagon Had a 94 S500 and it didn't need anything done until it was 11 years old. Thought they were all made like that one. No, now if you own a Mercedes, you better have deep pockets

Favorite Features

Size, Style,Comfort

Suggested Improvements

More gadgets should come on this one at no cost. Probably should have specialized people putting them together. The problems are just agonizing.

Poor Warranty from Mercedes Benz
By nvbusa

2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Who would ever think you would need to replace a bumper seal?? My R350 apparently did and MB will not cover it. Poor craftsmanship I say. The seal went causing rain water to run into the seal and in the trunk, where the computer is causing it to short out. Now I am stuck with a $2,500.00 repair bill. My first and last Mercedes. Since they will NOT cover such a repair. It's not like a wear and tear item that I should have replaced. Not to mention the other 4 times it was towed in for electrical and computer issues. Leaving my wife and kids stranded on the highway. Mercedes Benz VERY POOR warranty choice.

Favorite Features

Comfort inside

Suggested Improvements

FIx all electrical issues. Warranty items that are not wear and tear items. Would anyone ever replace a bumper seal?