2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific R-Class model:
Just purchased car 4 month ago and PROBLEMS already!!! HELP
By msbenz1105 on 07/22/12 21:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Im a 1st Mercedes buyer that had my eyes on the r350 since I saw it for the first time 2 yrs ago. I told myself that car will be my next purchase and so i decided to get rid of my 2000 Lexus GS300 that I had for 10 yrs and LOVED and buy the R350. Excited and pleased with my new purchase until about 2 weeks ago. My SRS indicator lit up( and is still on just out of no where), my ac System continue to stay on and blow air after car is off and key out, sometimes don't even turn the ac on and fan still runs?? And now my battery dies everyday. Had to just start it for the last 4 days...Has any one every had any of these problems, please reply back.

Nothing but regret!!!!
By funandfamily on 07/22/12 15:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

used 2007 R350. Did my homework but went against my gut and intelligence and bought a clean used r350 with 51k on it. Had the MB dealer check it out, check the codes..& 200plus to be extra careful. the history was good, so I bought the giant car my wife liked. I even forked out $400 to have the trans serviced to be extra thoughtful. Every two weeks since it goes to the dealer. One expensive thing after another. Power steering unit $1,100.00 Gas vapor purge valve $500.00 plus. Peeling rubber coating on controls... Now HVAC control stuck on full heat... Conclusion. It is not about the model, it is about MB's now third world manufacturing and reliability! ForSale

MUST READ!!! - Cash Test
By usarmy89delta on 03/05/12 19:54 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

After reading some review Ive decided to write my own. In 2008 I bought for my spouse an R350 4Matic. We drove it and took it on trips all the time and never gave us any trouble (except a few blown lights) and eventually put close to 40k miles on it. On June 2010 my wife was driving in the city with both our kids when an elderly lady wich had a suspended licence drove right into her lane (she crashed head on). When I arrived I saw the car totalled but my wife and kids with out a scratch on. The car's crash alert system had been activated (it moved the drivers seat all the way forward, it moved the steering wheel, cut the engine and even placed the hazards lights on).

Not the Mercedes I previously owned
By ruth20 on 12/28/11 18:13 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Over $6000.00 in repairs in one year. Suspension, computer, and had to order a new key fob after the two that came with the R350 wore out, $180.00 for a new one, and it is made quite well and will probably outlast the wagon Had a 94 S500 and it didn't need anything done until it was 11 years old. Thought they were all made like that one. No, now if you own a Mercedes, you better have deep pockets

Poor Warranty from Mercedes Benz
By nvbusa on 10/13/11 18:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Who would ever think you would need to replace a bumper seal?? My R350 apparently did and MB will not cover it. Poor craftsmanship I say. The seal went causing rain water to run into the seal and in the trunk, where the computer is causing it to short out. Now I am stuck with a $2,500.00 repair bill. My first and last Mercedes. Since they will NOT cover such a repair. It's not like a wear and tear item that I should have replaced. Not to mention the other 4 times it was towed in for electrical and computer issues. Leaving my wife and kids stranded on the highway. Mercedes Benz VERY POOR warranty choice.

Great Car, when it is not at the dealer
By Joe on 07/12/10 15:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Incredible comfortable mile eater. More rear legroom that an S class. 3.5 l engine struggles a little with the weight of the vehicle but performance is fine. Bought a CPO 2 years old with 25,000 miles on the clock . In 12 months has been back to the dealership 5 times for unscheduled visits. Crankshaft Position sensor , running out of fuel while indicating at least half a tank 3 times, both axles replaced due to noise on turning. Officially Mercedes Benz has refused to but back the vehicle because 5 visits in a year is acceptable. And I thought I was buying a premium German Vehicle! And guess where the car is today, back at the dealer to have the ball joints replaced.

wasn't to pleased
By patricia warren on 03/24/10 10:12 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

i did love my car at first until i realized,i had to replace brakes every 20000 miles.i had to return the vehicle several times for headachey, minor issues in the beginning of my lease.once i hit 50k miles. down hill my vehicle went.brakes for the 4th time.radio out air out tail light out for about the 10th time.power steering out. just one thing after the next.

Enjoyed this car very much
By Brian in Fort Wayne on 06/01/09 11:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Leased this car for 27 months and I was initially skeptical that I would like this car/suv/wagon. I very quickly learned to really like this vehicle. Quiet, roomy, decent performance and mileage.

Gadget Mania.- Not your ordinary SUV
By M Sirianno on 04/16/09 10:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

You name the Gadget - this thing has it. If you actually read the manual (500 pages)you will discover why a Mercedes costs more than most cars on the road today. Example- hold down the heater button after the key is out and the system continues to blow hot air for 20 mins. So while you run into the store for a few quick things, the car is still warm when you get back! The list goes on and on and on. This is an amazing vehicle if you're a gadget freak like me. If your not, you could foolishly mistake it as just another SUV

r 350
By iliana woodford on 04/06/09 15:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Drives nicely, low maintenance. Changed 4 tires at 23,000 miles looks fancy and with style not to many people have it. Paint always looks shiny looks as new. Good acoustic, you can all talk and be heard inside the car, different from other vans where only the people in the front can talk. Very silent the motor, no noise from the outside, you get the feeling you are inside a private mini jet.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.