2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Consumer Review: MB lives up to its reputation

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon - Consumer Review

MB lives up to its reputation
By Jeremy on

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R500 4dr Wagon AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This vehicle is the first luxury car I've ever owned. I bought it under MB's CPO program in June of 09 with about 15k miles. This car is a dream come true! At first I was weary about the V8's fuel economy but I easily get 16-18 around town and 25 on the highways. Very Impressive for a car and engine of this size. It handles and brakes like a sports car! I haven't had it for long but no issues whatsoever thus far. The back seats have plenty of legroom and the panoramic roof is HUGE and never fails to impress my passengers. Overall I couldn't be more satisfied.

COMAND system is easy to use and innovative, Xenon headlights on this thing are incredible, heated seats, fits 5 adults plus myself comfortably, V8 power, and insane fuel economy! I could keep going, there are so many great features on this vehicle.

Maybe make the LCD touchscreen? This car is so close to perfect its hard to think of anything that can be improved or hasn't been improved in future years.