Love this R350 4matic
By ITboater on
2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)
Bought this R350 with 49k miles, mid-range options. Had 4 MB's before, but stayed away during the bad period of 96-05. Hope it is reasonably durable. My wife is ecstatic with this car! She is 4'11 and can fit behind the wheel in comfort, as can I at 5'10. My 92YOA age father thinks its great. I love how it drives. It is sneaky fast. No car could go down my rough road driving loop as fast, but on freeway it flies with no effort at all. When you want to hurry the 7 speed trans override buttons are great to hold a gear or downshift. Nice touch is the gear stalk...cool. Mileage vg so far, 15-17 city, 23-23.5 freeway at 75, 25-25.5 side roads. Very quiet, per my sound level meter.
Favorite Features
Gear shift stalk. The center stack and counsel and all the cubby holes (great cup holders!) Excellent seats (MB has gotten rid of the rock hard seats) these are great. Seats fold out of way well. My 86yoa mother & 92yoa father get in and out easily. Good 3row seats...recline! Pwr rear hatch!
Suggested Improvements
This is a misunderstood car. Not an SUV, not a mini-van, but a sports touring utility vehicle with great comfort for 4 on a long trip. Get Out the Word! When does it get 'distronic'? I think MB nailed it out of the box...every theme you want...S class suspension, AMG version, Diesel...etc.