Gefahr! -Danger, may be addicting!
By Ronnie Reyes on
2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)
This is my first MB and I came from a Durango LTD w/ the big V8 hemi. While torque and outright power are not the same I have no problem in this V6 cruising the interstate above the legal limit w/ ease and not putting any stress at all on the vehicle. Storage is not what it was, but is deceptively enough to put a $200 grocery purchase in the car w/ ease. The family fits great, the quality is MB and the safety aspect is more than worth the sticker. The only warning I can give is pay attention to which option package you choose. And everything is optional...MB should pay attention and put phone, NAV, back-up camera and memory seats as standard features on a car of this stature.
Favorite Features
Ride quality, and gas mileage. I'm getting 21.5 mpg total, and that includes highway driving that exceeded the limit as well as stop and go city traffic. I saved $25/tank over the durango and am getting over 400 miles/tank even w/ my lead foot and a full and loaded vehicle. Awesome! Sunroof!
Suggested Improvements
Nav, phone, and memory seats should be standard. A car of this size must have a back-up camera, to produce this vehicle w/out one is almost criminal. Nicer 18" rims from the 500 or the 19" optional Y-spoke rims would do away with the mini-van references immediately. Get act together and market the car!