Chode's car
By chode on
2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R500 4dr Wagon AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)
Great car to drive. Ride is smooth without feeling floaty. Our car has the airmatic suspension. Sport mode is pretty harsh but the other two modes provide a very nice ride. Interior quality is superb. Forward visibility is excellent. Rearward visisbility is not the best, a backup camera should be standard, but it is not even available. Overall I really like it. It looks different from most other cars on the road. It is a very versitile design. In 2007 mercedes benz offered the 550 motor in some of their line ups. This car with that 550 motor would be awesome. I know the AMG version is out there, but at almost 90 grand it too much bread.
Favorite Features
Very comfortable seats, the Bi-zenon headlights are the brightest I've ever seen. It's no sports car, but I think it is still fun to drive. It handles well even for a car that is supposedly longer than an Escalade. The interior is first class, some controls take some getting used to, but I likey!
Suggested Improvements
As mentioned before a backup camera would be useful. Put the new 550 motor in it. And some how get better gas mileage out of it. Then it's just world peace,feed the hungry, and develope hydrogen power for everyone.