2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific R-Class model:
Happy but dissapointed
By douglas on 06/27/10 19:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R500 4dr Wagon AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

It's a great car, I love the look of it from the front and when I got inside and test drove I fell in love and I got a great deal. First brand new car I purchased and am glad I did. So I have owned mine now for 4 years and its still drives like a brand new car .

I Love it but the gas!
By Busy Mom on 06/12/10 07:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R500 4dr Wagon AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I bought this vehicle to accommodate my family of 5 and that it has done! Elegant look, smooth ride, and the space/seating capacity keeps the kids from fighting. The only issue I have had with this crossover is the gas mileage. It seems I am always at the gas station! We have to stop between our frequent team practices, and I often have to stop for gas several times during the week for work and extra curricular activities. This is a real drag. And we now have to plan a gas stop into our travel time when planning out our routines. This is no fun and it takes the pleasure out of driving this family dream machine.

A Tour DeForce
By Kirk Bryan on 05/18/10 08:26 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R500 4dr Wagon AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I bought this with 70,000 miles and it drives like new. The comfort is incredible. The multicontour seats fit like a glove. The armrests and steering wheel are in the perfect position. The head rest doesn't push my head down to my chest like all the new cars do. The sound system is the best I have ever heard. I keep finding more features to use. The mileage better than most smaller v6 SUVs. None of the problems some people talk about. Too bad the economy forces me to sell it.

Love this R350 4matic
By ITboater on 10/28/09 20:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Bought this R350 with 49k miles, mid-range options. Had 4 MB's before, but stayed away during the bad period of 96-05. Hope it is reasonably durable. My wife is ecstatic with this car! She is 4'11 and can fit behind the wheel in comfort, as can I at 5'10. My 92YOA age father thinks its great. I love how it drives. It is sneaky fast. No car could go down my rough road driving loop as fast, but on freeway it flies with no effort at all. When you want to hurry the 7 speed trans override buttons are great to hold a gear or downshift. Nice touch is the gear stalk...cool. Mileage vg so far, 15-17 city, 23-23.5 freeway at 75, 25-25.5 side roads. Very quiet, per my sound level meter.

MB lives up to its reputation
By Jeremy on 10/11/09 21:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R500 4dr Wagon AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This vehicle is the first luxury car I've ever owned. I bought it under MB's CPO program in June of 09 with about 15k miles. This car is a dream come true! At first I was weary about the V8's fuel economy but I easily get 16-18 around town and 25 on the highways. Very Impressive for a car and engine of this size. It handles and brakes like a sports car! I haven't had it for long but no issues whatsoever thus far. The back seats have plenty of legroom and the panoramic roof is HUGE and never fails to impress my passengers. Overall I couldn't be more satisfied.

Absolutely Love It
By Dee Peake on 08/23/09 16:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R500 4dr Wagon AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

After doing a great deal of research, and test driving equivalent vehicles we decided to purchase our R500. My family has quickly fallen in love with this vehicle. The leg room in the second row is unmatched by any other vehicle. I traded in a sportier Jag for the roomier family friendly vehicle. I have not regretted it for a minute, the R500 is luxurious without being pretentious. Highly recommend it. We purchased the extended warranty to just to be safe but we have not had the smallest of issues.

No problems-Great Car
By Serving us well on 06/05/09 18:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We bought this car early of "07" and have driven it from the Canadian line to the gulf of Mexico. Driving in winter blizzards and southern frog floaters. Avg gas mileage for hwy- 23to24 mpg. City-19 mpg. Great touring car, for its size it handles very well. What little warranty work we have had done, we have done it when its time for service. If this car keeps performing like this in the future, MB will have good success.

Awesome vehicle with superior Quality!!
By Alfar16 on 06/02/09 16:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I traded a C300 for an R350 because of an expanding family. The vehicle has not disappointed on bit. I fit my family of four with ease and without baggage, this vehicle will fit 6 people comfortably. The car lacks a little power but is not noticeable once one the highway. No problems so far with as I've read in some reviews. The vehicle has striking presence and luxury is apparent as you roll down the street. I would definitely keep the R-350 for a long time as comfort is not comparable for this price range.

Not reliable
By Tomas Hay on 03/22/09 07:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The interior set up with 6 separate captain's seats fit our family perfectly, so we almost had to get this car. Unfortunately we've been underwhelmed by the performance of this car. The gears downshift suddenly with a "clunk" when coasting downhill. The steering is "gummy". We've had this car in the dealership shop average every other month for mysterious problems like a chirping noise from the engine when idling, a recurring rubbing sensation from the bottom of the car when driving <40mph, a somewhat loud vibrating noise when coasting >50mph on fwy. The auto back hatch is slow. The nav toggle is hard to use. If the economy wasn't so bad we'd get rid of this car in a heartbeat!

Sold On It
By R Driver on 12/16/08 17:19 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Six months ago I traded in my beloved '03 Escalade for an '06 R350. It's a keeper! It has more interior space. Performance? The 268hp v6 lacks take off, but will shoot you to high speed with surprising ease. It corners exceptionally well also. Comfort? It really will fit six 6' footers comfortably (did that) or the wife and 2 kids with plenty room for groceries. Fuel economy? In the city it's about average (if you have a heavy foot), however, highway mileage is excellent. We (3 adults, 2 kids, and travel bags) drove from NY to NC on a full tank (500mi). We cruised at 80mph.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.