Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon Consumer Reviews - 109 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon

View reviews for a specific R-Class model:

I love my R350
By Jaja

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Safe and luxury rolled into one.

mercedes is a joke
By RC

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Just got out from the dealer again. this is another $1500 spend since last month I spend $4950. this R350 was purchase from the dealer 2012. the mileage was 38000, now the mileage only 53000. this pass 4 years total spend over $20000. average over $1 per mile. I don't know what happens to mercedes. seems like they have no liability to look at and respons for their problems. in fact they made more money from the customer for all their problems.

There is no other vehicle like R-class Mercedes
By paxnrth

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

All cars seat the driver well, and most seat the front passenger well, but I know of no other vehicle that seats 4 or 5 more passengers behind the front seat in equal comfort.
The middle two seats are large and spacious, think Business Class on an airplane. And even the two rear seats are very adequate for adults less than 6'2". With the glass Panorama roof you don't feel boxed in riding in an R-class.

Then driving on Interstate 82 at dusk 65 mph, a 5 point buck jumped into the freeway, and I hit it square on. It pushed my hood in 2 feet, but the vehicle didn't shudder or swerve, I was able to drive off the freeway at the next exit. I and my front seat and back seat passengers were of course shocked but not a scratch on us (The buck was toast). So MB repairs are expensive but less than human repairs. Love this car.

They never sold the numbers they should have, so this is now a collector's car. But if they still made them I'd buy a new one or a low mileage used one. You can get one of these for a fantastic price now. If you want the biggest, most comfortable SUV for big people, and care about those in the back seats, buy one used. Otherwise consider the 2016 Volvo XC90, as safe, but sadly not quite as roomy.

Worst car in 35 years
By guyfromtoronto

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R500 4dr Wagon AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This car has been an ongoing nightmare since I have purchased it. The transmission has failed three times along with many electronics, engine components, water pump, oil pump, suspension three times, shocks twice, buttons, switches, wheel bearings etc.. This is nowhere near the build quality of any prior merceds I have owned. The tow truck has been such a regular to my street that the neighbors already know him. My kids scream when I attempt to dive it to take one of our other cars as they re scared to be in it and will break down again. This is the last Mercedes I will ever own. The mechanic at mercdes even told me that the cars are just terrible in the last few years. Stay far away!

The day I decided to get rid of this piece of crap

Build a better car. Just horrific reliability.

Unreliable S
By mrsgrace

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Purchased this car 2.5 years ago. The car was a 2006 with 45K miles. After only 2.5 years of driving this used car the Transmission tanked, just shut down. I was told by the mechanic at the dealer that a part inside was broken and it would cost $6,000 to fix
- I thought i was getting
a bargain purchasing this car for $19000 with only 40k miles, what a mistake. Prior to the transmission going the car randomly drops the left side suspension. Apparently the air shocks deflate overnight or while parked for a long time and it tilts to one side. Gas guzzler too, costs me
$100 a week to fill it up!

I reviewed just about all SUVs with 3rd Row option and this had the roomiest, reason why i purchased.

Total remake of the suspension and transmission as several people all experience the same problems, has to be a manufacture glitch. Also adjust MPG so we don't have to spend a fortune on gas.