Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon Consumer Reviews - 111 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon

View reviews for a specific R-Class model:

Love this car
By Rebecca

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R500 4dr Wagon AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I bought mine at auction so there were a few mechanical repairs needed to be made right off the bat. With those taken car of (issues with shifting and an oil leak) a few other items have come up to repair. My automatic back door broke and is no longer automatic and does not lock and one of my headlights broke electrically. Other than that, the comfort is great and it really feels like a luxury car. Anyone that rides in it loves it, there is so much leg room in the front and middle rows. It's a longer SUV than I would prefer, but I've been very happy with it.

R350 Major Engine Repairs
By Steven Wand

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

A class action suit was settled last year for owners of 2006/2007 R350 Mercedes that experienced an major engine problem after 40-50,000 miles. Unfortunately, the local dealer ducked the obligation tell us about any recall or repair requirement, and the judge let Mercedes close out the filing date last year for owners to get reimbursements for these engine repairs. Our losses were $4500 last year and another $5000 this year.....and there were thousands of owners with this problem. For certain, as we have sworn our children, NEVER to purchase a Mercedes product, again.

I love my R350
By Jaja

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Safe and luxury rolled into one.

mercedes is a joke
By RC

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Just got out from the dealer again. this is another $1500 spend since last month I spend $4950. this R350 was purchase from the dealer 2012. the mileage was 38000, now the mileage only 53000. this pass 4 years total spend over $20000. average over $1 per mile. I don't know what happens to mercedes. seems like they have no liability to look at and respons for their problems. in fact they made more money from the customer for all their problems.

There is no other vehicle like R-class Mercedes
By paxnrth

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

All cars seat the driver well, and most seat the front passenger well, but I know of no other vehicle that seats 4 or 5 more passengers behind the front seat in equal comfort.
The middle two seats are large and spacious, think Business Class on an airplane. And even the two rear seats are very adequate for adults less than 6'2". With the glass Panorama roof you don't feel boxed in riding in an R-class.

Then driving on Interstate 82 at dusk 65 mph, a 5 point buck jumped into the freeway, and I hit it square on. It pushed my hood in 2 feet, but the vehicle didn't shudder or swerve, I was able to drive off the freeway at the next exit. I and my front seat and back seat passengers were of course shocked but not a scratch on us (The buck was toast). So MB repairs are expensive but less than human repairs. Love this car.

They never sold the numbers they should have, so this is now a collector's car. But if they still made them I'd buy a new one or a low mileage used one. You can get one of these for a fantastic price now. If you want the biggest, most comfortable SUV for big people, and care about those in the back seats, buy one used. Otherwise consider the 2016 Volvo XC90, as safe, but sadly not quite as roomy.