2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Review: So for 60k I can't get a radio

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Review

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 AWD 7-speed Automatic)

So for 60k I can't get a radio that works? Really?
By trntexas on

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We replaced our 08 ML. The fit and finish are as expected, the performance for a 6cyl is good, but...I have a 2011 Jeep Compass (I won't spend the money. It's a car, it's not a fashion statement) and the radio will quickly connect my phone through bluetooth for complete hands free. It downloads my contacts, it has voice recognition, it streams music from my micro sd card, and it streams music from my internet connections(pandora, slacker etc).
The Merc won't do it. My wifes phone is the same as mine. Now while the average user may not appreciate this. When you pay 3x for a vehicle you don't expect customer service or the factory to make excuses for why it doesn't work. Disappointed for sure.

It is an improvement over the 08. The stupid bars on the console are gone, it is quieter. It is an evolution, not a revolution, but satisfied with the most of it.

Fix the radio software. I don't know who wrote it, but the A2DP does not work at all. Chrysler has a much better solution that works better period. I will buy another Chrysler, this may be the last Mercedes with the way we have been treated by the dealer and frankly by the factory. Spend 19k with Chrysler, the dealer and the factory treat you great. Spend 60k with Mercedes and you're just an annoyance when you actually want something to work. Not impressed. i don't want a call from the "service hotline" don't waste my time.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review