Nu-Blu
By djefferson on
2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 BlueTEC 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)
I recently have purchased this nu ML-Bluetech after having 3 E-class benz's 2-350s 1-550 models 2007,2008 and 2010. My plan was to keep my 2010 E-550 for another year or so but during the past few months I had been looking at Suv's:Ford Edge,Jeep Grand Cherokee,BMW X5 Diesel and VW Toureag TDI/Audi Q7 TDI. Having shopped these others 1st, I took a chance a drove the 2012 Bluetech and I was presently surprised. The upgraded new interior and added torque really raised the bar against the others I was considering. Edge my ford touch?..Jeep Great Drive not efficient, X5 Sporty but too pricey w/options desired near 70k and VW Group Great overall but MB has a long/proven diesel history undisputed.
Favorite Features
New upgraded interior,heated/ventilated seats,power folding mirrors/tailgate,Panorama Roof,Automated parking and Great fuel economy. So far my average mileage is 24 mpg..Wow..no long highway trips just back and forth combined. This is on a green motor no where even near broke in..Again WOW! This nu ML is also super quiet and very solid on the road. I really like the performance it's quick not fast like my E-550 but surprisingly that 455 pound ft of torque can make this SUV really move and it can tow up to 7000 pounds. I wasn't considering giving up my E-550 for older model ML and was only thinking to add another vehicle to the house but the improvements to the 2012 model won me over.
Suggested Improvements
..Advertise and Get the word out that NU Diesel technology is vastly improved...No smell,No smoke. I have owned some older MB diesels a couple of 240D 4spds and a 300CD and 300SD these were cars of compromise...Slow,noisy and smelly but Economical and long lasting. This new Bluetech is built without those items of compromise while providing Excellence in Performance/Economy... Take a closer look..You will be surprised....suggested improvements none