Used 2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:

Not E-Class but Close
By Ccelpjack

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The 2012 ML350 doesn't ride or drive like an E-Class (I've had two) but neither does anything else either. The ML350 is a great freeway car. It is roomy, comfortable, and drives like a dream. It has excellent seats and it is quiet inside. In a recent non-freeway trip of several hundred miles, my ML350 BlueTec averaged 30.9 mpg for the entire trip. That mileage will get the vehicle nearly 700 miles between fueling stops! This was my 4th Mercedes and 3rd diesel. Overall, it is, by far, the best car that I have ever owned.

EXPENSIVE CAR FOR BAD QUALITY MATERIALS
By MBREGRETOWNER

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My 2012 ML350 ,the car only has 50,560 miles ,more than 6 check in at the service department and today without the Mercedes Benz warranty in force (more than 50,000 miles)the comand system stop working,so by defect the back up camera is not working as well,no radio,no navigator and many more issues.The right side mirror is not folding (3rd time that do that)and I have problems with the power lifgate as well(stops in the middle of the opening). I don't remember a day not regreting for the ML350 purchase.Before this car I owned a Ford Edge that never went to a mechanic in the 3 years that I owned it. They didn't call me from the dealer yet,but for sure the bill will be gigantic.

Loved my ML 350
By lgasaway

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I had my 2012 for 1 1/2 years then bought a 2014.
The 2012 was so quiet and comfortable.
Plenty of power, no problems of any kind.
I am 68 and this is the best car that I ever had.
Love it.

Worst car I've owned; my Hyundai was more reliable
By fabllc

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My 2012 ML350 is a major disappointment with numerous technological issues. it has been to the dealer for repairs more than any car i have ever owned. I am again driving a loaner for the 8th time in a year and a half. I have recorded videos of the malfunctions, dealer has duplicated the issues on occasion, and it is still not fixed. I contacted MBUSA for assistance and resolution and they did nothing except say 'take it to the dealer'. I cannot believe that mercedes would have such poor response and pathetic customer service. After years of contemplating purchasing
a luxury vehicle I am hugely disappointed that my first experience is so negative. I should have the reliability I paid for.

The vehicle has a malfunctioning command system; malfunctioning lift gate; drives rough and stalls out from time to time, Bluetooth malfunctions. Just countless issues that have been without repair. It's embarrassing to drive a Mercedes that you can't drive with confidence.

Love my ML 350
By lgasaway

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I had a Lexus 2010 RX 350 which was a great auto.
Have no complaints about that car.
My Benz though is much more comfortable, very, very quiet and has good performance.
The Lexus comes with more features for the same price which I lament on my Benz.
I have had my Benz for 1 1/2 years now and I still love it.
Best car I have ever owned.
Not too happy with the gas mileage but then I knew that going in.
The interior controls are just where I want them.
Love the easy gear shift on the column.
No problems at all and Mercedes Benz of Fresno treats me like a VIP whenever I go to their business.
I highly recommend the ML 350.