Used 2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:

My Problems- Disappointments
By purple1447

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Just to share my story. I purchased a ML350 SUV in 2013. Nice looking vehicle and I was ready to enjoy. Well, here is what happened. First, I had a problem with the drivers seat. They fixed that after two tries. I did hate to complain, but the vehicle cost a lot of money. Second problem. I have a noise somewhere near the steering wheel and tires. It sound like a screw was loose and the vehicle could come apart, or at least the front part. I took the vehicle in, the man said it was ok. NO. NO. I went back a week later and they kept it for 12 days. They say it was a coupling near the steering whell and the bushing. Well, they fixed that too. Still, the problem is not completely fixed.

Loved my ML 350
By lgasaway

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I had my 2012 for 1 1/2 years then bought a 2014. The 2012 was so quiet and comfortable. Plenty of power, no problems of any kind. I am 68 and this is the best car that I ever had. Love it.

Ride, quietness, convenience of controls.

Better gas mileage.

Worst car I've owned; my Hyundai was more reliable
By fabllc

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My 2012 ML350 is a major disappointment with numerous technological issues. it has been to the dealer for repairs more than any car i have ever owned. I am again driving a loaner for the 8th time in a year and a half. I have recorded videos of the malfunctions, dealer has duplicated the issues on occasion, and it is still not fixed. I contacted MBUSA for assistance and resolution and they did nothing except say 'take it to the dealer'. I cannot believe that mercedes would have such poor response and pathetic customer service. After years of contemplating purchasing a luxury vehicle I am hugely disappointed that my first experience is so negative. I should have the reliability I paid for.

The vehicle has a malfunctioning command system; malfunctioning lift gate; drives rough and stalls out from time to time, Bluetooth malfunctions. Just countless issues that have been without repair. It's embarrassing to drive a Mercedes that you can't drive with confidence.

Love my ML 350
By lgasaway

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I had a Lexus 2010 RX 350 which was a great auto. Have no complaints about that car. My Benz though is much more comfortable, very, very quiet and has good performance. The Lexus comes with more features for the same price which I lament on my Benz. I have had my Benz for 1 1/2 years now and I still love it. Best car I have ever owned. Not too happy with the gas mileage but then I knew that going in. The interior controls are just where I want them. Love the easy gear shift on the column. No problems at all and Mercedes Benz of Fresno treats me like a VIP whenever I go to their business. I highly recommend the ML 350.

Ride and quietness

Should have bi- xenon lights as standard feature as well as blind side assist.

New breaks at 16K mileage on my 2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 BlueTEC 4dr SUV AWD!
By csunikki

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my 4th Mercedes and I was excited to upgrade to the new 2012 ML350 in January 2012 with the new body design when it first came out, but with ONLY 16K in mileage, I have to get NEW Brakes! Really?!?! In my GLK350, SL500 or my C class, or even with my Hyundai Tuscon, I never had to get my done until after 30K because they would last that long. SO I'm shocked. I only drive 4 miles to work and I'm just really pissed off. They said my back breaks was all the way down to the sensors. But at 16K mileage?!?! I didn't have that issue with my Z4 BMW and I'm thinking of going back to a BMW with their 5 yr maintenance plan. Has anyone else had an EARLY brake issue??

Rear view back up assist. I have never make a mistake again with that very helpful feature. Backing up has been easy because I can see where the car with turn. Excellent! Also love the 3D GPS.

My friends Hyundai SUV has airconditioned seats and we should have that. Also, keyless entry. My friends Honda Accord has that, and for a ML350, that feature should be added.