2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Diesel - Consumer Reviews

ML350 BlueTEC 3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel AWD 7-speed Automatic - (7 reviews )
Nu-Blu...more than a year in and Still Smiling!
By djefferson on 06/18/13 06:06 AM (PDT)

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Diesel ML350 BlueTEC 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I have had my 2012 ML 350 Bluetec without any issues for over a year near 20k miles. It has proven to be a tried/true work horse and I have no regrets. I have averaged an indicated 23 mpg during this period and on long Hwy seen about 29mpg driving a constant 80mph. Most of my commute is stop/go city w/limited fwy and it still gets 23-25 if you don't bury your foot to feel that strong 455ft lbs of torque. I'm truly convinced that this is a great overall vehicle and am glad I chose this powertrain. FYI think about it..for about $1500 extra at purchase it holds its value advantage of $5000-9000 or more than the gas engine over the same ownership period! IMHO that is money in the bank .

Terrible Service from Mercedes
By tracy97035 on 01/27/13 15:09 PM (PST)

In 2012 I researched purchasing either a Mercedes or Acura. I had exceptionally great service with Acura in the past but chose Mercedes and assumed their service would meet the same expectation. I was wrong. I ordered running boards over a year ago and still have not received them. I now had to take my rubber drivers side mat into dealership due to a recall and am told not to hold my breath for the new one. Mercedes called me to say I would be put on their "preferred" list...but still have not received these items and they could not give me an eta on them. Waiting over a year for parts is insane. I wonder what the future will hold when I need service/parts ordered. I looked at Acura today..

The worst vehicle I ever own.
By neversummer78 on 10/04/12 16:14 PM (PDT)

I purchased my 2012 ML350 Bluetec back in November 2011. After 2 weeks, the first problem I had was car was pulling to the right at highway speed. After left it with the dealer for about a week, they finally realized that it was bad tire which took them a few more days to get replacement. Next, I was having problem with car loosing power when driving over a long distance or for a few hours. There is no error message on the dashboard nor that the dealer can replicate. Anyway, I start documenting them on video using my phone. They finally acknowledge but still no solution for it. Along with the car loosing power, I was getting error with PRE-SAFE Inoperative error and Ad-Blue low level

Nu-Blu
By djefferson on 04/03/12 04:46 AM (PDT)

I recently have purchased this nu ML-Bluetech after having 3 E-class benz's 2-350s 1-550 models 2007,2008 and 2010. My plan was to keep my 2010 E-550 for another year or so but during the past few months I had been looking at Suv's:Ford Edge,Jeep Grand Cherokee,BMW X5 Diesel and VW Toureag TDI/Audi Q7 TDI. Having shopped these others 1st, I took a chance a drove the 2012 Bluetech and I was presently surprised. The upgraded new interior and added torque really raised the bar against the others I was considering. Edge my ford touch?..Jeep Great Drive not efficient, X5 Sporty but too pricey w/options desired near 70k and VW Group Great overall but MB has a long/proven diesel history undisputed.

Open DTS case for misfiring - no fix available
By latette on 12/30/11 14:25 PM (PST)

Love the looks, mileage and ride of the ML blueTec, but having to drive for a mile or so, every morning since I drove it off the lot, misfiring is getting old! Upon returning it to the dealer I was told that there were numerous open complaints on the issue, but a fix was not yet available. They hope to have a fix out soon.....$57k and I need to drive a misfiring Mercedes through my neighborhood every morning.....I guess that will teach me for buying the first year of a new body style. So now I wait.......or do I start the lemon law process...time will tell...

LOVE IT!!!!
By renesf on 12/20/11 19:23 PM (PST)

Have had the car for a few weeks now.Bluetec. Getting 32 miles per gallon roughly. Beautiful interior. Love the lane change add. It is a definite must have. Heated seats are wonderful, legroom in the back seat is roomy,back seats recline a bit. Trunk space big enough for 2 sets of golf clubs and suitcases. I have no complaints so far.

What an amazing SUV
By greginnh on 10/26/11 18:04 PM (PDT)

This will be my third ML. Having owned 2002 and 2004 versions, I was very disappointed with the second generation ML and strayed from the MB brand for a few years. Now comes the 2012 which is the third generation and it totally blows away all previous models.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Diesel in VA is:

$165 per month*