Used 2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 BlueTEC Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Mercedes-benz M-class - Consumer Reviews

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:

Nu-Blu...more than a year in and Still Smiling!
By djefferson

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 BlueTEC 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I have had my 2012 ML 350 Bluetec without any issues for over a year near 20k miles. It has proven to be a tried/true work horse and I have no regrets. I have averaged an indicated 23 mpg during this period and on long Hwy seen about 29mpg driving a constant 80mph. Most of my commute is stop/go city w/limited fwy and it still gets 23-25 if you don't bury your foot to feel that strong 455ft lbs of torque. I'm truly convinced that this is a great overall vehicle and am glad I chose this powertrain. FYI think about it..for about $1500 extra at purchase it holds its value advantage of $5000-9000 or more than the gas engine over the same ownership period! IMHO that is money in the bank .

Favorite Features

Excellent MPG, Smooth and quiet Powertrian,Self-Automated Parking,Lane departure warning,Power tailgate,EZ blutooth connection and comfortable a/c seats.

Suggested Improvements

None...I hope that all my ownership experiences will be as this one...the Longer I have owned it the more I truly appreciate it. It is a Great family vehicle!

Terrible Service from Mercedes
By tracy97035

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 BlueTEC 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

In 2012 I researched purchasing either a Mercedes or Acura. I had exceptionally great service with Acura in the past but chose Mercedes and assumed their service would meet the same expectation. I was wrong. I ordered running boards over a year ago and still have not received them. I now had to take my rubber drivers side mat into dealership due to a recall and am told not to hold my breath for the new one. Mercedes called me to say I would be put on their "preferred" list...but still have not received these items and they could not give me an eta on them. Waiting over a year for parts is insane. I wonder what the future will hold when I need service/parts ordered. I looked at Acura today..

Suggested Improvements

The voice command in regards to the navigation system never computes the correct words, regardless of who is speaking. I do not have an accent, speak clear english but the system basically does not work. I have to pull over and manually input the address every time. An Acura MDX is looking like a better choice every day.....

The worst vehicle I ever own.
By neversummer78

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 BlueTEC 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I purchased my 2012 ML350 Bluetec back in November 2011. After 2 weeks, the first problem I had was car was pulling to the right at highway speed. After left it with the dealer for about a week, they finally realized that it was bad tire which took them a few more days to get replacement. Next, I was having problem with car loosing power when driving over a long distance or for a few hours. There is no error message on the dashboard nor that the dealer can replicate. Anyway, I start documenting them on video using my phone. They finally acknowledge but still no solution for it. Along with the car loosing power, I was getting error with PRE-SAFE Inoperative error and Ad-Blue low level

Favorite Features

Great long commuter Great audio system Great gas mileage for a truck

Suggested Improvements

Better quality control and reliability

Nu-Blu
By djefferson

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 BlueTEC 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I recently have purchased this nu ML-Bluetech after having 3 E-class benz's 2-350s 1-550 models 2007,2008 and 2010. My plan was to keep my 2010 E-550 for another year or so but during the past few months I had been looking at Suv's:Ford Edge,Jeep Grand Cherokee,BMW X5 Diesel and VW Toureag TDI/Audi Q7 TDI. Having shopped these others 1st, I took a chance a drove the 2012 Bluetech and I was presently surprised. The upgraded new interior and added torque really raised the bar against the others I was considering. Edge my ford touch?..Jeep Great Drive not efficient, X5 Sporty but too pricey w/options desired near 70k and VW Group Great overall but MB has a long/proven diesel history undisputed.

Favorite Features

New upgraded interior,heated/ventilated seats,power folding mirrors/tailgate,Panorama Roof,Automated parking and Great fuel economy. So far my average mileage is 24 mpg..Wow..no long highway trips just back and forth combined. This is on a green motor no where even near broke in..Again WOW! This nu ML is also super quiet and very solid on the road. I really like the performance it's quick not fast like my E-550 but surprisingly that 455 pound ft of torque can make this SUV really move and it can tow up to 7000 pounds. I wasn't considering giving up my E-550 for older model ML and was only thinking to add another vehicle to the house but the improvements to the 2012 model won me over.

Suggested Improvements

..Advertise and Get the word out that NU Diesel technology is vastly improved...No smell,No smoke. I have owned some older MB diesels a couple of 240D 4spds and a 300CD and 300SD these were cars of compromise...Slow,noisy and smelly but Economical and long lasting. This new Bluetech is built without those items of compromise while providing Excellence in Performance/Economy... Take a closer look..You will be surprised....suggested improvements none

Open DTS case for misfiring - no fix available
By latette

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 BlueTEC 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

Love the looks, mileage and ride of the ML blueTec, but having to drive for a mile or so, every morning since I drove it off the lot, misfiring is getting old! Upon returning it to the dealer I was told that there were numerous open complaints on the issue, but a fix was not yet available. They hope to have a fix out soon.....$57k and I need to drive a misfiring Mercedes through my neighborhood every morning.....I guess that will teach me for buying the first year of a new body style. So now I wait.......or do I start the lemon law process...time will tell...

Favorite Features

Ride is fantastic, interior quality is top notch, real world mixed 50/50 is 24 mpg. The torque is amazing.

Suggested Improvements

How do you sell a car that you know misfires? Ruined an otherwise fantastic vehicle...Stay away from this one until they get this issue resolved...it is quite embarrassing every morning....