2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
Loved my ML 350
By lgasaway on 08/20/13 06:08 AM (PDT)

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I had my 2012 for 1 1/2 years then bought a 2014. The 2012 was so quiet and comfortable. Plenty of power, no problems of any kind. I am 68 and this is the best car that I ever had. Love it.

Worst car I've owned; my Hyundai was more reliable
By fabllc on 07/11/13 14:40 PM (PDT)

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My 2012 ML350 is a major disappointment with numerous technological issues. it has been to the dealer for repairs more than any car i have ever owned. I am again driving a loaner for the 8th time in a year and a half. I have recorded videos of the malfunctions, dealer has duplicated the issues on occasion, and it is still not fixed. I contacted MBUSA for assistance and resolution and they did nothing except say 'take it to the dealer'. I cannot believe that mercedes would have such poor response and pathetic customer service. After years of contemplating purchasing a luxury vehicle I am hugely disappointed that my first experience is so negative. I should have the reliability I paid for.

Love my ML 350
By lgasaway on 06/23/13 07:03 AM (PDT)

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I had a Lexus 2010 RX 350 which was a great auto. Have no complaints about that car. My Benz though is much more comfortable, very, very quiet and has good performance. The Lexus comes with more features for the same price which I lament on my Benz. I have had my Benz for 1 1/2 years now and I still love it. Best car I have ever owned. Not too happy with the gas mileage but then I knew that going in. The interior controls are just where I want them. Love the easy gear shift on the column. No problems at all and Mercedes Benz of Fresno treats me like a VIP whenever I go to their business. I highly recommend the ML 350.

Nu-Blu...more than a year in and Still Smiling!
By djefferson on 06/18/13 06:06 AM (PDT)

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 BlueTEC 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I have had my 2012 ML 350 Bluetec without any issues for over a year near 20k miles. It has proven to be a tried/true work horse and I have no regrets. I have averaged an indicated 23 mpg during this period and on long Hwy seen about 29mpg driving a constant 80mph. Most of my commute is stop/go city w/limited fwy and it still gets 23-25 if you don't bury your foot to feel that strong 455ft lbs of torque. I'm truly convinced that this is a great overall vehicle and am glad I chose this powertrain. FYI think about it..for about $1500 extra at purchase it holds its value advantage of $5000-9000 or more than the gas engine over the same ownership period! IMHO that is money in the bank .

New breaks at 16K mileage on my 2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 BlueTEC 4dr SUV AWD!
By csunikki on 06/17/13 08:38 AM (PDT)

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my 4th Mercedes and I was excited to upgrade to the new 2012 ML350 in January 2012 with the new body design when it first came out, but with ONLY 16K in mileage, I have to get NEW Brakes! Really?!?! In my GLK350, SL500 or my C class, or even with my Hyundai Tuscon, I never had to get my done until after 30K because they would last that long. SO I'm shocked. I only drive 4 miles to work and I'm just really pissed off. They said my back breaks was all the way down to the sensors. But at 16K mileage?!?! I didn't have that issue with my Z4 BMW and I'm thinking of going back to a BMW with their 5 yr maintenance plan. Has anyone else had an EARLY brake issue??

Engine noise on warm startup
By ml350owner on 05/27/13 13:39 PM (PDT)

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Hi , I read many reviews or complaints regarding the famous engine noise or knocking that lasts 2-3 seconds only on warm start up after the car has sat for 1-2 hours but not completely cooled yet.I believe I have the explanation for it since I had the same thing in my old 1991 E260, simply the problem is that mercedes uses an oil pressurized system for the variable camshaft timing of the valves, there is different setups for cold or warm start guided by the car computer, in cold start system is fully drained but pressure not needed in that system for cold cam timing, in immediate restart system still fully oil pressurized so no noise, in between u hear the noise, no effect on engine life :-)

Very good first impression with a few minor outages
By alex171 on 04/19/13 15:06 PM (PDT)

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML550 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

Bought it from MB London (ON) Nov-12, with good discount: I didn't plan on 550, but it turned out it was hard to find a bargain 350 with the upscale interior - genuine leather, cooling seats, leather dash (plastic seats as basic can be practical - but shame to have it on a luxury SUV !) I test drove 2011 ML 63 AMG prior to that - got somewhat puzzled/disappointed with it, but 2012 upgrade seems to make a good performance difference: it's so smooth & powerful, quiet engine, good steering.. It's just flying on highway speeds, great to do maneuvers.. Just 3K km on odometer - cannot comment on reliability yet

Mercedes is not of the quality it used to be
By scholla on 03/23/13 18:10 PM (PDT)

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

For the last 35 years I always had at least one Benz in the garage. Currently have a 2007 550s and a 2012 350ML. Bought both new/first owner. 550 s -19,000 miles - Air Condition not working. 350ML - 6,000 Miles - electronics defect: give wrong error messages and no error messages. Now, the ML is at the shop because the engine may have to be replaced. Local dealer in Palm Beach says MBUSA asked them to perform "more tests to identify the problem". (Car is in the shop already 3 days.) Two issues here: (1) MB now sells cars that do not work properly, even after short use. (2) How MBUSA deals with the problem: They make little/no effort to make things right. This is no longer a good make.

Terrible Service from Mercedes
By tracy97035 on 01/27/13 15:09 PM (PST)

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 BlueTEC 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

In 2012 I researched purchasing either a Mercedes or Acura. I had exceptionally great service with Acura in the past but chose Mercedes and assumed their service would meet the same expectation. I was wrong. I ordered running boards over a year ago and still have not received them. I now had to take my rubber drivers side mat into dealership due to a recall and am told not to hold my breath for the new one. Mercedes called me to say I would be put on their "preferred" list...but still have not received these items and they could not give me an eta on them. Waiting over a year for parts is insane. I wonder what the future will hold when I need service/parts ordered. I looked at Acura today..

The worst vehicle I ever own.
By neversummer78 on 10/04/12 16:14 PM (PDT)

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 BlueTEC 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I purchased my 2012 ML350 Bluetec back in November 2011. After 2 weeks, the first problem I had was car was pulling to the right at highway speed. After left it with the dealer for about a week, they finally realized that it was bad tire which took them a few more days to get replacement. Next, I was having problem with car loosing power when driving over a long distance or for a few hours. There is no error message on the dashboard nor that the dealer can replicate. Anyway, I start documenting them on video using my phone. They finally acknowledge but still no solution for it. Along with the car loosing power, I was getting error with PRE-SAFE Inoperative error and Ad-Blue low level

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class in VA is:

$118 per month*