Used 2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Reviews

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:

Not E-Class but Close
By Ccelpjack

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The 2012 ML350 doesn't ride or drive like an E-Class (I've had two) but neither does anything else either. The ML350 is a great freeway car. It is roomy, comfortable, and drives like a dream. It has excellent seats and it is quiet inside. In a recent non-freeway trip of several hundred miles, my ML350 BlueTec averaged 30.9 mpg for the entire trip. That mileage will get the vehicle nearly 700 miles between fueling stops! This was my 4th Mercedes and 3rd diesel. Overall, it is, by far, the best car that I have ever owned.

EXPENSIVE CAR FOR BAD QUALITY MATERIALS
By MBREGRETOWNER

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My 2012 ML350 ,the car only has 50,560 miles ,more than 6 check in at the service department and today without the Mercedes Benz warranty in force (more than 50,000 miles)the comand system stop working,so by defect the back up camera is not working as well,no radio,no navigator and many more issues.The right side mirror is not folding (3rd time that do that)and I have problems with the power lifgate as well(stops in the middle of the opening). I don't remember a day not regreting for the ML350 purchase.Before this car I owned a Ford Edge that never went to a mechanic in the 3 years that I owned it. They didn't call me from the dealer yet,but for sure the bill will be gigantic.

Blue over Blue Tec
By MF

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 BlueTEC 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I bought this from a reliable acquaintance at 1+ year old, at about 17K miles and now am at almost 50K. So far in two years have spent about 4k in repairs and service and had it in dealership for almost 3 weeks under warranty for a major repair, thank goodness it was still under warranty. Concerned I inquired about an "extended" warranty and come to find out it will be 6K which includes a surcharge from Mercedes because it was not originally purchased for the extended period. Had the car appraised and find it is with less than half of the original cost and they now have discontinued the ML series. The fit and finish of the interior is lovely, the boxy exterior is a bit dated. Overall liked the safety of the car but too expensive to service and seems to be a money pit. I had hoped to drive it 100K but now having second thoughts.

My Problems- Disappointments
By purple1447

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Just to share my story. I purchased a ML350 SUV in 2013. Nice looking vehicle and I was ready to enjoy.
Well, here is what happened. First, I had a problem with the drivers seat. They fixed that after two tries. I did hate to complain, but the vehicle cost a lot of money.
Second problem. I have a noise somewhere near the steering wheel and tires. It sound like a screw was loose and the vehicle could come apart, or at least the front part. I took the vehicle in, the man said it was ok. NO. NO. I went back a week later and they kept it for 12 days. They say it was a coupling near the steering whell and the bushing. Well, they fixed that too. Still, the problem is not completely fixed.

Loved my ML 350
By lgasaway

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I had my 2012 for 1 1/2 years then bought a 2014.
The 2012 was so quiet and comfortable.
Plenty of power, no problems of any kind.
I am 68 and this is the best car that I ever had.
Love it.

Ride, quietness, convenience of controls.

Better gas mileage.