Used 2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Mercedes-benz M-class - Consumer Reviews

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:

My Problems- Disappointments
By purple1447

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Just to share my story. I purchased a ML350 SUV in 2013. Nice looking vehicle and I was ready to enjoy. Well, here is what happened. First, I had a problem with the drivers seat. They fixed that after two tries. I did hate to complain, but the vehicle cost a lot of money. Second problem. I have a noise somewhere near the steering wheel and tires. It sound like a screw was loose and the vehicle could come apart, or at least the front part. I took the vehicle in, the man said it was ok. NO. NO. I went back a week later and they kept it for 12 days. They say it was a coupling near the steering whell and the bushing. Well, they fixed that too. Still, the problem is not completely fixed.

Loved my ML 350
By lgasaway

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I had my 2012 for 1 1/2 years then bought a 2014. The 2012 was so quiet and comfortable. Plenty of power, no problems of any kind. I am 68 and this is the best car that I ever had. Love it.

Favorite Features

Ride, quietness, convenience of controls.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage.

Worst car I've owned; my Hyundai was more reliable
By fabllc

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My 2012 ML350 is a major disappointment with numerous technological issues. it has been to the dealer for repairs more than any car i have ever owned. I am again driving a loaner for the 8th time in a year and a half. I have recorded videos of the malfunctions, dealer has duplicated the issues on occasion, and it is still not fixed. I contacted MBUSA for assistance and resolution and they did nothing except say 'take it to the dealer'. I cannot believe that mercedes would have such poor response and pathetic customer service. After years of contemplating purchasing a luxury vehicle I am hugely disappointed that my first experience is so negative. I should have the reliability I paid for.

Suggested Improvements

The vehicle has a malfunctioning command system; malfunctioning lift gate; drives rough and stalls out from time to time, Bluetooth malfunctions. Just countless issues that have been without repair. It's embarrassing to drive a Mercedes that you can't drive with confidence.

Love my ML 350
By lgasaway

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I had a Lexus 2010 RX 350 which was a great auto. Have no complaints about that car. My Benz though is much more comfortable, very, very quiet and has good performance. The Lexus comes with more features for the same price which I lament on my Benz. I have had my Benz for 1 1/2 years now and I still love it. Best car I have ever owned. Not too happy with the gas mileage but then I knew that going in. The interior controls are just where I want them. Love the easy gear shift on the column. No problems at all and Mercedes Benz of Fresno treats me like a VIP whenever I go to their business. I highly recommend the ML 350.

Favorite Features

Ride and quietness

Suggested Improvements

Should have bi- xenon lights as standard feature as well as blind side assist.

Nu-Blu...more than a year in and Still Smiling!
By djefferson

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 BlueTEC 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I have had my 2012 ML 350 Bluetec without any issues for over a year near 20k miles. It has proven to be a tried/true work horse and I have no regrets. I have averaged an indicated 23 mpg during this period and on long Hwy seen about 29mpg driving a constant 80mph. Most of my commute is stop/go city w/limited fwy and it still gets 23-25 if you don't bury your foot to feel that strong 455ft lbs of torque. I'm truly convinced that this is a great overall vehicle and am glad I chose this powertrain. FYI think about it..for about $1500 extra at purchase it holds its value advantage of $5000-9000 or more than the gas engine over the same ownership period! IMHO that is money in the bank .

Favorite Features

Excellent MPG, Smooth and quiet Powertrian,Self-Automated Parking,Lane departure warning,Power tailgate,EZ blutooth connection and comfortable a/c seats.

Suggested Improvements

None...I hope that all my ownership experiences will be as this one...the Longer I have owned it the more I truly appreciate it. It is a Great family vehicle!