The Utility under the SUV designation some missing.
By bobby8bsgf41 on
2011 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)
I could have gotten the 2012 model when it came available but didn't because its persona was weak looking and no towing, MHO, while the 2011 ML350 have a masculine stance. I was not losing much because mine have the light package (the LED) and HID, Premium 2 Pkg, leather, Towing Pkg, etc. Being the end of the model run, most if not all kinks may have been fixed, I hope. Like most new cars/truck it's fun to drive.
Favorite Features
What I like: Exterior design; built; LED driving light; Towing pkg; Rook Rack; Running board; Keyless to go, etc.; Driving position; roomy; all the electronic gadgets are working for now. The intangible asset - MB brand name and how it drives. What's disappointing: Rather than getting a pickup to tow, this one can tow with style, that's the plus. I agree with the other reviewer about the towing harness. I dislike the way the second row seat are lay flat, it waste approx 8-10" space across. I feel seating uncomfortably on the driver seat left edge hump. Moving toward the center solve it but away from the window. On a thigh turns I feel sliding out.
Suggested Improvements
Have available what it needs for true utility. Was the roof rack for the looks only? Where is the cross bar with tie down. Is the towing package a joke? Why there's no electrical harness available? Improve the back seat lay flat configuration. I have to open the garage door every time I needed something from the back. My previous suv is 9" longer but have the glass window for quick item retrieval. When going approx 20-50 mph, you will feel the road bumps like a truck, could it be a compromise for towing heavy load? Make the driver seat more supportive on turns.