Used 2011 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 BlueTEC Diesel Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Diesel - Consumer Reviews

ML350 BlueTEC 3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel AWD 7-speed Automatic - (2 reviews )

Good but has hidden issues
By lrogalski

2011 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Diesel ML350 BlueTEC 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

Purchased a used 2011 ML350 Bluetec with 65,000 miles for about $30,000 with taxes. Same day troubles began. Check engine came on and I opened a bar tab at the dealership. Local shop replaced the Nox sensor ($700) and said that there is a possibility of a bad valve body. Reset was performed with hope it doesn't come back but shortly after a 45 miles drive check engine came on. Only MB dealer can fix a valve body and they did for about $2,400. Took a 1000 miles road trip with no issues until 3 weeks later. Check engine again and new code P20BE1B, reductant heater performance, possible $1,200 fix. Mechanic reset the code and said to drive it and see if code comes back. To be continued...

Diesel fuel economy is superb. I wanted the E-class Bluetec but winter can be bad and SUV performance helps with bad NYC roads. $90 to fill up at $4.15 and lasts 450-550 miles mixed driving, roughly 20-23MPG. Now highway mileage excels! Recent road trip recorded 29.9MPG for 900 miles and best mileage was at 32.5 MPG at 62MPH for about 400 miles driving through rural Virginia/MD. Best highway tank 680 miles. The fit and finish of the SUV is great. I've owned couple Escalades and this thing just feels more plush and luxurious. Run Flat tire are ok. I was very anti RFT on my Audi TT but on this SUV it works. Navigation works nicely and diesel stations are displayed on the map.

This is a used Benz and I fully came in aware that things would cost more when they break and they have. I do believe that I bought this thing broken and it was covered up by clearing the check engine light by the wholesale auction. Hence why it was $7000 below actual price of similar SUVs selling at a MB dealership. I've owned this ML for 9 weeks and spent $3,100 already and possible next $1200 if check engine come on again, if thats the case I will have to reconsider my purchase. I do love the diesel and I did read many positive reviews about Diesel Mercedes but I can't average $400+ a week on repairs. It takes away from all the fuel economy benefits and the actual brand.

Amazing
By Jay

Many improvements and changes since my 02 ML-320. Averaging 28.4 mpg combined driving for first 1400 miles. For highway driving- 29.7 mpg. GPS shows where ULSD Diesel stations are located. Good safety features- Transmission will go to park (P) if you open the door. Doors have reflectors so if the door is open in dark, will reflect when hit by other light source. Actually is lighter than 02 ML, and a little longer. Very well done.

Nav system.