2009 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Review: Not for family of 4 with kids

2009 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Review

Not for family of 4 with kids
By MIBluetec on

2009 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 BlueTEC 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

We bought the Bluetec for the fuel economy and the exterior styling. Little did we know that it is not designed for tall or larger people. I weigh 210lbs and 5'11" tall so I am not big. It is very uncomfortable to come in and out of the driver's seat. With the seat back, my kid does not have leg room from his car seat. I move the seat forward and have to drive uncomfortably. The rear entertainment is mounted very poorly in the back that my 4 year old has bumped his head hard 3-4 times. I do not recommend it for family of 4 with kids. With the 2 car seats, it is very difficult to seat 5. THe fuel economy is averaging around 24mpg which is not bad. Diesel is sufficient for daily drive.

Bluetec,IPOD, HD Radio, and controls. Exterior styling looks great. Ride is soft and quiet from the inside but loud from the outside going up hill. Nice cruise control.

Rear DVD placement. More legroom. More room to get in from the front. The garage opener is located on the mirror, should be on the visor. The keyless start is inconvenient along with the unconventional shift level. Paddles is useless. Navigational is not touchscreen with 9 digit keypad.