2009 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
Best Decision I've Ever Made
By alessing on 05/09/12 13:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Usually, when it comes to SUV's, I'm a Ford guy. Their SUV's feel like trucks and I like that... I never imagined myself driving a crossover. Until now. The wow factor is instant when you see this SUV. Inside and out it is just fantastic. Faster than my old V8 with better MPG's and no problem towing our 22 foot boat. I've owned a Hummer H2 in the past and I'll be the first to admit that his Mercedes is an off-road legend in hiding! I love it. It's perfect for the whole family. All 5 of us (plus 2 dogs.)

Problems
By merc5 on 01/29/12 19:07 PM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I have had this vehicle for 2 years and 5 months. Service has just finished replacing all of the front end bushings without an apparent cause for wear. 29522 miles of almost all highway miles and good roads. No off roading. After one year my gas gauge started malfunctioning. Service had to drop the tank and replace one gauge. I had a 2000ML with various problems including the same gauge issue. Nine years later and still issues that should never have happened. Mercedes service has been very good but none of these things should happen. Integrity is lacking. Too high a price to spend the time in service for things that should not fail so quickly. Transmission could shift a lot smoother.

Love this car
By Car_Guy on 07/08/10 13:44 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Just bought the ML350 4Matic - I love this car. I'm over 6feet tall and this car is the only crossover that's built for tall people. Looks sexy and drives great - what more can you ask for.

Very finicky car
By victor on 07/01/10 20:26 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML550 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Like many German cars, this has its quirks. The navigation is tough to get used to, but that's not what's most curious about this car: at elevation about 10,000 feet, the nav shuts off! It displays a warning and becomes inoperable. Mercedes says it affects so few people that they won't fix it. So if you drive in the mountains a lot (we live in Colorado) and want to use this car in high elevations, keep this in mind. As importantly, keep in mind that Mercedes refuses to spend the time reprogramming the nav systems. Maybe they outsourced that part to Japan...

Pretty Good
By Corey Foreside on 09/14/09 05:58 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My dad got this car as a loan while his CLK was in the shop and I felt the need to write a review for it. First, this car is very fun to drive and has great handling and performance. The rear seats are another story. The way the back doors are shaped makes you trip almost every time you get out of the back. They contour around the wheel inserts. Making for a very uncomfortable entry/exit. Just look at a side view of the car and you'll see how the back doors are shaped. It has a very well made interior and exterior. The navigation system is pretty confusing, though. It's a pretty good car overall.

gas guzzler
By road rat on 09/04/09 09:40 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I liked the 2006 ML so much I got a 2009 ML when my lease was up. The 2009 gas mileage averages around 10mpg in the city and 15mpg on the hwy. Compared to 15mpg in city and 22 mpg that i got with the 2006. The handling on the 2006 was great and fun to drive, the 2009 doesnt have steering with as much feel, it feels more like a bus. No feedback. I think the steering wheel is also bigger in this year but not sure. THe fake leather seats do not compare to the comfort of the leather seats i had previously. THe rear bumper design with the color coating is really dumb but a good way for the dealers to make extra money when you turn in the car. It scratches easily

5000 miles update
By Nelson from missouri on 05/30/09 17:08 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML550 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Well it time for an update on my ML550. I put on 6,000 miles and so far not much problem to report. I had to make one stop to the dealer to date and that was for a recall notice I receive to fix some hydraulic problem and tail light seal. The truck was drop off in the morning and i picked it up about three hours later. some noticeable comments: 1) there is a click noise in the cold when you first start the car. 2) With the window down a loud noise is heard when switching from park to drive or reverse. The dealer said this is normal and is due to the large solonoid. 3) The radio went off but no display came on. The radio came back on after the vichele was turn off and back again.

Simply the best...
By Don on 04/13/09 22:59 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Traded in our Landrover and we enjoyed the LR3 while we had it. We drove all the other competitors in this price range. The general overall feel and construction of this suv will impress you. It is on a whole different level when you compare to the others. The lexus felt like a toy....We had two BMW's prior this purchase and wanted something different. I cant believe anyone would choose the RX Lexus over the MB.

It's about time.
By HBL of TYSONS on 02/24/09 07:00 AM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I have worked for Mercedes for over 10 years. Always known it's the safest car in the world and the craftsmenship is A+. Finally I leased one and even more excited then I could have imagined. There is no one noise at 80mph+. The stereo system with over 600watts is awesome. The suspension system with the upgrades to agility control cant be beat. It even almost makes sharper u-turns than my motorcycle. The Nav is hard drive based and is almost immediate when using. The voice control system is awesome and can even be tweaked to understand people with accents, like my wife who is from Romania.

ML550
By nelson on 12/24/08 20:28 PM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML550 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I bought this car 11/29/08 with 10 miles.This is the best car I have driven to date. The ride is smooth, excellent for long trips. Control and nav are relatively easy to use, not complex as some indicated. This is my first MB. I have 1200 miles on it so far so its too early to assess its reliability. I absolutely love this car so far.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Suv in VA is:

$139 per month*