2009 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
Best Decision I've Ever Made
By alessing on 05/09/12 13:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Usually, when it comes to SUV's, I'm a Ford guy. Their SUV's feel like trucks and I like that... I never imagined myself driving a crossover. Until now. The wow factor is instant when you see this SUV. Inside and out it is just fantastic. Faster than my old V8 with better MPG's and no problem towing our 22 foot boat. I've owned a Hummer H2 in the past and I'll be the first to admit that his Mercedes is an off-road legend in hiding! I love it. It's perfect for the whole family. All 5 of us (plus 2 dogs.)

Love this car
By Car_Guy on 07/08/10 13:44 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Just bought the ML350 4Matic - I love this car. I'm over 6feet tall and this car is the only crossover that's built for tall people. Looks sexy and drives great - what more can you ask for.

Pretty Good
By Corey Foreside on 09/14/09 05:58 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My dad got this car as a loan while his CLK was in the shop and I felt the need to write a review for it. First, this car is very fun to drive and has great handling and performance. The rear seats are another story. The way the back doors are shaped makes you trip almost every time you get out of the back. They contour around the wheel inserts. Making for a very uncomfortable entry/exit. Just look at a side view of the car and you'll see how the back doors are shaped. It has a very well made interior and exterior. The navigation system is pretty confusing, though. It's a pretty good car overall.

gas guzzler
By road rat on 09/04/09 09:40 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I liked the 2006 ML so much I got a 2009 ML when my lease was up. The 2009 gas mileage averages around 10mpg in the city and 15mpg on the hwy. Compared to 15mpg in city and 22 mpg that i got with the 2006. The handling on the 2006 was great and fun to drive, the 2009 doesnt have steering with as much feel, it feels more like a bus. No feedback. I think the steering wheel is also bigger in this year but not sure. THe fake leather seats do not compare to the comfort of the leather seats i had previously. THe rear bumper design with the color coating is really dumb but a good way for the dealers to make extra money when you turn in the car. It scratches easily

Simply the best...
By Don on 04/13/09 22:59 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Traded in our Landrover and we enjoyed the LR3 while we had it. We drove all the other competitors in this price range. The general overall feel and construction of this suv will impress you. It is on a whole different level when you compare to the others. The lexus felt like a toy....We had two BMW's prior this purchase and wanted something different. I cant believe anyone would choose the RX Lexus over the MB.

It's about time.
By HBL of TYSONS on 02/24/09 07:00 AM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I have worked for Mercedes for over 10 years. Always known it's the safest car in the world and the craftsmenship is A+. Finally I leased one and even more excited then I could have imagined. There is no one noise at 80mph+. The stereo system with over 600watts is awesome. The suspension system with the upgrades to agility control cant be beat. It even almost makes sharper u-turns than my motorcycle. The Nav is hard drive based and is almost immediate when using. The voice control system is awesome and can even be tweaked to understand people with accents, like my wife who is from Romania.

Lovin' it
By Jay on 12/15/08 08:17 AM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Just picked up the ML for my wife. We looked at the X5, Q7 and the MDX. The ML interior is great compared to the others. The ride is fantastic! I believe that whatever issues this car had previously-they have corrected. My wife is in heaven. She loves the seats and says they are the most comfortable she has ever had. The ride is very quiet and the handling is smooth. We are very happy with our choice.

Surprisingly satisfied with new ML350
By skytop on 12/04/08 16:56 PM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I was all ready to purchase the larger GL SUV but this ML350 offered far easier driving/maneuvering plus good MPG while still providing excellent interior space. I have enjoyed this vehicle and have become aclimated to peculiarities such as low indicator location and overly complex button crazed Command system. Push the dash info button and even without the NAV turned on, the car displays the street, town and heading you are driving on. Neat. Handling, suspension is sophisticated. Loaded with 700# of big people (4), the 350 drove virtually the same as if unladen. It didn't even squat as my previous big GM SUV did when loaded. MPG has been the big surprise. It gets 17/23.

2009 ML-350
By Will on 10/28/08 15:46 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Ive had the ML-350 for 4 weeks now with 1000 miles, performance is acceptable. I have been disappointed with the car. Few days after owning the vehicle, started the vehicle in garage, noticed two problems, 1. white smokes (only happened once). 2. Notice an engine knocks on cold start (listen carefully- make sure radio is off). Squeals noise coming from steering column and passenger driver. Drive Seat moves (under my knee) during acceleration. Rough idle. More wind noise than my Ford SUV.

Style, Performance & Comfort. Best Combo
By plasty on 09/15/08 17:55 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Absolutely impressed with the performance and handling. The styling is aggressive, but tasteful. The acceleration is excellent for a rather heavy "small" SUV. Steering is elegant and smooth. Shifting is excellent. A bit sluggish on an uphill during hwy cruise, but if you push on the gas it responds nicely. The nav is typical of European cars, however, it is functional and one should not be too picky. Likewise, the turn signal is a little lower on the stalk, but takes 15 min to get used to it. The gear shift is great. Electronic shift is great. All said, a definite buy!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Mercedes-Benz M-Class in VA is:

$142 per month*