2009 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
Best Decision I've Ever Made
By alessing on 05/09/12 13:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Usually, when it comes to SUV's, I'm a Ford guy. Their SUV's feel like trucks and I like that... I never imagined myself driving a crossover. Until now. The wow factor is instant when you see this SUV. Inside and out it is just fantastic. Faster than my old V8 with better MPG's and no problem towing our 22 foot boat. I've owned a Hummer H2 in the past and I'll be the first to admit that his Mercedes is an off-road legend in hiding! I love it. It's perfect for the whole family. All 5 of us (plus 2 dogs.)

Problems
By merc5 on 01/29/12 19:07 PM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I have had this vehicle for 2 years and 5 months. Service has just finished replacing all of the front end bushings without an apparent cause for wear. 29522 miles of almost all highway miles and good roads. No off roading. After one year my gas gauge started malfunctioning. Service had to drop the tank and replace one gauge. I had a 2000ML with various problems including the same gauge issue. Nine years later and still issues that should never have happened. Mercedes service has been very good but none of these things should happen. Integrity is lacking. Too high a price to spend the time in service for things that should not fail so quickly. Transmission could shift a lot smoother.

Love this car
By Car_Guy on 07/08/10 13:44 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Just bought the ML350 4Matic - I love this car. I'm over 6feet tall and this car is the only crossover that's built for tall people. Looks sexy and drives great - what more can you ask for.

Very finicky car
By victor on 07/01/10 20:26 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML550 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Like many German cars, this has its quirks. The navigation is tough to get used to, but that's not what's most curious about this car: at elevation about 10,000 feet, the nav shuts off! It displays a warning and becomes inoperable. Mercedes says it affects so few people that they won't fix it. So if you drive in the mountains a lot (we live in Colorado) and want to use this car in high elevations, keep this in mind. As importantly, keep in mind that Mercedes refuses to spend the time reprogramming the nav systems. Maybe they outsourced that part to Japan...

Not for family of 4 with kids
By MIBluetec on 01/21/10 00:40 AM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 BlueTEC 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

We bought the Bluetec for the fuel economy and the exterior styling. Little did we know that it is not designed for tall or larger people. I weigh 210lbs and 5'11" tall so I am not big. It is very uncomfortable to come in and out of the driver's seat. With the seat back, my kid does not have leg room from his car seat. I move the seat forward and have to drive uncomfortably. The rear entertainment is mounted very poorly in the back that my 4 year old has bumped his head hard 3-4 times. I do not recommend it for family of 4 with kids. With the 2 car seats, it is very difficult to seat 5. THe fuel economy is averaging around 24mpg which is not bad. Diesel is sufficient for daily drive.

Best ML Yet
By Hank on 11/16/09 06:36 AM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 BlueTEC 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

We bought this to replace the 1998 ML320 we had for eleven years. The old one was great and gave outstanding reliability, but it was time to replace. This ML320 BlueTec is a great replacement and it has lived up to it's advertising. Great mileage and comfort with all the gadgets you would want. Very solid feel on the road with plenty of room for storage. We have other diesels in the family and this is one of the best. It is quiet and soot free with good mileage for the weight of the vehicle. On the road you don't even know it's a diesel. Fantastic improvement over the older diesels.

Pretty Good
By Corey Foreside on 09/14/09 05:58 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My dad got this car as a loan while his CLK was in the shop and I felt the need to write a review for it. First, this car is very fun to drive and has great handling and performance. The rear seats are another story. The way the back doors are shaped makes you trip almost every time you get out of the back. They contour around the wheel inserts. Making for a very uncomfortable entry/exit. Just look at a side view of the car and you'll see how the back doors are shaped. It has a very well made interior and exterior. The navigation system is pretty confusing, though. It's a pretty good car overall.

gas guzzler
By road rat on 09/04/09 09:40 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I liked the 2006 ML so much I got a 2009 ML when my lease was up. The 2009 gas mileage averages around 10mpg in the city and 15mpg on the hwy. Compared to 15mpg in city and 22 mpg that i got with the 2006. The handling on the 2006 was great and fun to drive, the 2009 doesnt have steering with as much feel, it feels more like a bus. No feedback. I think the steering wheel is also bigger in this year but not sure. THe fake leather seats do not compare to the comfort of the leather seats i had previously. THe rear bumper design with the color coating is really dumb but a good way for the dealers to make extra money when you turn in the car. It scratches easily

Best car yet!
By Arnold on 08/11/09 08:32 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 BlueTEC 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

This has been a wonderful driving experience .The Diesel is very smooth and quiet and the highway milage is regularly over 28 mpg with average usually around 25 including city. The interior systems are fun and easy. The lift gate is great and at the right height to the ground and the space is more than ample.

The 2009 MB Blue-Tech screams!
By VegasGoesBlue on 07/29/09 07:46 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 BlueTEC 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I have had this truck for around a month now and I am very impressed. It flat moves and is stable doing so. I purchased it to replace a 2002 C class MB that I loved but missed having room to haul anything. So far it's two thumbs up! Anxious to take a road trip in the next 2 months. Vegas to Denver should be a good test. Maybe a bit of off road testing hopefully. The gas millage isn't anything to write about at this point but it's only got 1000 miles on it. It feels like a Benz... That's the best part!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Mercedes-Benz M-Class in VA is:

$139 per month*