2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Review: Diesel Power and Sublime Beaut

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Review

ML320 CDI 4dr SUV (3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel AWD 7-speed Automatic)

Diesel Power and Sublime Beauty
By mbzx on

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 CDI 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I purchased a 2008 ML320 CDI with Premium II package in Sept. 2007 although I had been nervous about MB's less than stellar reputation in quality. My car has so far exceeded all my expectation in terms of performance and quality. The tremendous diesel power propels the car into any traffic when needed. But mostly I like driving very gently and the car rewards me with 30 miles on highways (when I am really gentle) and 23 miles in local/highway (40/60) mix on average. Its creature comfort is well designed and well executed. The car feels like a marble rolling on glass pane in highways. I am thoroughly enjoying the car and most probably will purchase GL320 CDI in the near future.

Very smooth highway riding. Rain-sensing wipers, stereo system, hands-free comm, memory seats, bi-xenon head lamps, cornering lights, power liftgate. Its external design is superb.

COMAND display could be higher resolution and in color. Navigation user interface stinks. Any $250 standalone navigation device would much better with 3D rendering and intuitive design. The car lurches back and forth when breaking. It's not a show stopper but it 's a constant irritation.