2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
Exterior design does it for ML350
By mike sab on 09/06/08 07:56 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Hands down rides much nicer than BMW X5. Needs leather standard on a vehicle of this caliber. Brakes are a little mushy if I had to complain at all.

ML-350
By Terry on 07/11/08 14:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Ive had the ML-350 for 4 weeks now.The performance is great. Quick,solid,smooth shifting. The steering is very sensitive and I tended to oversteer until I got used to it. I think much more responsive than my Jag XJ-8. The ML-350 has so many bells and whistles it takes time to learn them but once you do it seems easy. I was actually happy with the non leather seats. I've had trouble in the past with leather. Seat adjustment is wonderful. I am 6-4 and my wife is 5-3 so you can imagine what kind of workout the seat motors get. Great car as you would expect

'08 ML350/Alpine Rain/P2/IPOD
By AVI on 07/08/08 10:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my 2nd MBZ, coming from an E- Class, I thought I would give the ML350 a shot, after reading so many good reviews here. I must say, they are true. This is really a great vehicle. The Alpine Rain color is hardly seen here in NY and love it, with the Ash interior. I think MBZ should have more standard features though.. you have to pay for everything! My buddy's KIA came with bluetooth, but MBZ wanted $400 for it. I really have nothing to complain about. Rides excellent and looks even better. Much better than previous shape.

Exactly what I expected.
By Bryan on 07/06/08 22:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML550 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Car runs very well. I have absolutely no regrets at this time.

Just a lot of car for the money
By Kevin Roberts on 07/01/08 05:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Solid as a rock. Turns on a dime. As far as I'm concerned this SUV is the most car for the money. Two large teenagers can sit in the back seat without any complaints. If you need extra space for traveling get a trailer hitch for the back and a box that will easily carry 4 sets of golf bags. I have now bought three 350ML's. I truly think they're the best car for the money.

Comparing with Acura MDX
By Royh on 06/09/08 07:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Have had ML350 for 1-1/2 weeks now. Very impressive, sylish, drives very well. Mercedes clearly pays attention to detail. I am replacing an Acura MDX which I liked very much. ML 350 has the pickup necessary for Dallas area freeways. It is very quiet inside. While the toys (voice recognition, touch screen, nav system) are not as sophisticated as the Acura, the comfort and safety features equal or exceed the MDX. The resolution of the rear camera is outstanding. The Acura has a few more storage areas which I miss, but the power liftgate on the Mercedes is a very owner friendly feature I am still getting used to the shifing lever. It is unlike anything I've had before.

Excellent Auto
By Dave on 05/08/08 17:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The car looks great and has a fantastic ride, The kids love the dual dvd's and the satelite radio is easy to use for us. The ride is smooth and it handles very well.

Better than my Range Rover
By asasimone on 05/03/08 05:58 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

When I had to look for an SUV to replace my 05 Range Rover, I wanted something smaller and hopefully with a bit better fuel economy. I had already leased a BMW X5 and didn't really love it-it was very heavy and "trucky". The Lexus R was sort of cheap feeling and I believe if you buy a Lexus or Infiniti, you are paying for the badge not the quality. I thought I would miss the luxury of the Rover, but from the moment I p/u my car I have not looked back. It handles beautifully, feels more like a car, much better mileage already w/o breaking in. The only thing better on the Rover was the navigation.

2008 ML 550 - Be careful Toyota fans
By 2008-550MLBeast on 04/25/08 18:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML550 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Nothing less than what I expected from Mercedes. You've done it again! Performance like I've never seen before. Comfort plus unbelievable speed. Not for the Toyota/Lexus girls & guys.... This is way too much vehicle for you! Thank you Mercedes- Benz!

Disappointed
By Chris on 04/23/08 14:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

As the owner of three ML's since 1998, currently a 2005 Special Edition, I went into my local dealer today to test drive a new one. I love the exterior styling and wanted to love the interior but was very disappointed by everything. The gearshift on the steering column - what were they thinking? And the MBTec standard fake leather is ridiculous on a supposed luxury car. Inside much cheaper looking overall. So my love affair with MLs is coming to an end. My heart is considering buying the one I have now, but my head is telling my to give serious consideration to the Acura MDX I test drove yesterday - don't care much for the look but it's all around higher rated and a better value. I'm sad.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.