2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
Very nice
By hemi_torque on 02/23/14 00:36 AM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML550 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

We have one without the airmatic setupů.Lightens the weight of the ML and eliminates any potential air springs issues in the future. It has blazing acceleration - when launched, even at part throttle, it can feel like you just got rear ended by a truck that forgot to stop. You'd have to see it to believe what cars it can out accelerate on a regular basis. Has a solid yet comfortable ride. Structure is very solid & tough. Engine & exhaust are tuned to be quiet & relaxed, and so don't be expecting high performance sounds. Has been very reliable so far. It's also a very safe SUV with great crash test results. MPG is actually not bad considering this level of power in an SUV package.

Update after two years of ownership
By joe43 on 03/04/11 04:35 AM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML550 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I have now had my ML550 two years since my last review. I actually enjoy my vehicle even more than before!! I have had no problems with it and the power is just so amazing with the gas mileage not so bad (avg 15mpg). I live downtown and do not drive a lot of hwy miles but when on hwy I get 19 to 20 mpg. Small trucks with V6 engines do not get better in town gas mpg. The quality has stood up and I intend to keep this ML550 for a long time! I just love this SUV!!

My 2nd MLV8!
By RockyM on 02/19/09 03:25 AM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML550 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I traded in my 2006 ML500 for this 2008ML550 because I wanted a few more options such as a hitch and backup camera. My 06ML was wonderful and I had no problems for the three years I owned it! My new 08ML550 is awesome! The extra 80 hp makes it even more powerful (ML500 was fast to me) and the gas mileage is about the same! How do they do that? The quality is top notch and this vehicle is so much fun to drive! Love it!

Zoom Zoom... not just for Mazda
By alexatlanta on 10/27/08 21:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML550 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

My ML550 has the power to scare squirrels on trees a quarter mile away. I love the take off speed. The stereo is very rich and nice. I never dreamed that satellite radio would be so addictive. The seats are seductive in their contours. While the nav has quite a few limits, such as the joystick and the lack of new roads, it serves it purpose well and has a much nicer voice than the 2006 edition. While road noise is more pronounced then the E class, it is much quieter in the ML than in many other cars. The car is just fun to drive. I really like at lights when someone pulls the other lane expecting to blow past the bloated SUV only to be mistaken.

Exactly what I expected.
By Bryan on 07/06/08 22:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML550 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Car runs very well. I have absolutely no regrets at this time.

2008 ML 550 - Be careful Toyota fans
By 2008-550MLBeast on 04/25/08 18:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML550 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Nothing less than what I expected from Mercedes. You've done it again! Performance like I've never seen before. Comfort plus unbelievable speed. Not for the Toyota/Lexus girls & guys.... This is way too much vehicle for you! Thank you Mercedes- Benz!

ML550 Great!
By DWK on 03/18/08 20:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML550 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I purchased an 06 ML500 to replace my 2001 ML430. Loved it so much I just purchased a 2008 ML550. The motor is fantastic. The 550 is so smooth and fast, it blows away the 500 engine. Heated and cooled front seats, air suspension, and 19" AMG rims make the car the ultimate long distance cruiser. Handles the Canadian winter with no problem, and takes us skiing every weekend in style with heated rear seats for the kids. As my 4th ML since 1999, this one can't be beat. We plan to keep the ML500 and ML550 for a long time.

Do not trade your Lexus for it!
By Oleg on 01/14/08 20:52 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML550 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I get used to my 2004 Lexus navigation system and now I am not able to find a Starbucks Coffee in LA. According to Mercedes-Benz, the closed Starbucks is in Oregon. The height of the inside mirror is not adjustable and tall people like me will need to lie down on the passenger sit making the right turn. The half of storage compartment is used by the Bluetooth adapter so you can store only a pair of glasses in it. There are hidden costs. After purchasing the vehicle you will discover that you have to pay extra $400 for the Bluetooth adapter (standard with the Lexus navigation system). The car runs smoothly and has a lot of power, but these small things may spoil the fun of driving it.

Excellent design
By MARIO on 11/09/07 11:01 AM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML550 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

This car is just perfect all around. The engine is out of this world, the best I ever own, responsive and gas consumption better than I expected. I had BMW X5 2001 nothing to compare and then my LEXUS LX 470 2004 the worst car I had. I am so glad that I got the ML550

The Best SUV
By HunterD on 10/12/07 16:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML550 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I am so glad we'd got this SUV. The Mercedes Benz ML550 has been very good to our family so far. I love everything about and I promise if you take it for a test drive you will love it too.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.