2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
Very nice
By hemi_torque on 02/23/14 00:36 AM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML550 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

We have one without the airmatic setupÂ….Lightens the weight of the ML and eliminates any potential air springs issues in the future. It has blazing acceleration - when launched, even at part throttle, it can feel like you just got rear ended by a truck that forgot to stop. You'd have to see it to believe what cars it can out accelerate on a regular basis. Has a solid yet comfortable ride. Structure is very solid & tough. Engine & exhaust are tuned to be quiet & relaxed, and so don't be expecting high performance sounds. Has been very reliable so far. It's also a very safe SUV with great crash test results. MPG is actually not bad considering this level of power in an SUV package.

Bad dealership bad car
By klm001 on 06/11/13 14:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is the bottom line worst car I have ever purchased and the dealership is even worse than the car. I purchased an ML350, 5 days after I purchased the car it had to go in for service and in less than 20 months the car has been in 21 times! Everything from the rear hatch not working (constant problem), sunroof, cam shafts leaking, oil leaking, random lights not working, battery going dead for no reason and stranding me, and the last one was the a/c going out completely. Of course out of 21 times in the dealership my service advisor who is the only decent part of this experience does not know what to do except to schedule me for service for next month in advance because she knows soon so

Probably not worth the investment
By spicoli2 on 11/24/11 20:15 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I bought this car new in October 2007. I have general dislikes about this vehicle and the cost of ownership. First, the SUV has 37k miles on it and I am on my 3rd set of tires at $1100 per set (including mounting and balancing). MBUSA says it's due to the weight of the vehicle and that the tires available are soft (whatever you do DO NOT buy Continental 4X4 contacts for this car). Second, there are many, many little things that for a MB are un acceptable like, front defroster only has one setting, which is high, then you need to play the on/off game with it when the windows fog up, the radio does not display the song or artist, the alarm makes no audio sound to indicate it is alarmed, ect

Update after two years of ownership
By joe43 on 03/04/11 04:35 AM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML550 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I have now had my ML550 two years since my last review. I actually enjoy my vehicle even more than before!! I have had no problems with it and the power is just so amazing with the gas mileage not so bad (avg 15mpg). I live downtown and do not drive a lot of hwy miles but when on hwy I get 19 to 20 mpg. Small trucks with V6 engines do not get better in town gas mpg. The quality has stood up and I intend to keep this ML550 for a long time! I just love this SUV!!

Proud Owner of ML 350
By Manny on 07/07/10 15:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Back in 2008, I test drove Volvo, BMW, Audi, Acura. Finally I chose ML350. I believe in my life I have always made wrong decisions, but I have never regretted my ML350 purchase. Then I bought Audi Q7 2010 for my wife, but somehow it has failed to gain my loyalty. Even after 60,000 miles my MB drives like a newborn. Amazing SUV.

Stranded
By stranded on 04/22/10 17:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I have only had my ML350 for 1 year and the battery has died on me twice already. Here I am in a brand new Mercedes and I have to get a jump, how embarrasing. The second time the battery died I took it to the dealership and they said that the computer chip got wet some how. They want to charge me $900, but it's not happening.

My 2nd MLV8!
By RockyM on 02/19/09 03:25 AM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML550 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I traded in my 2006 ML500 for this 2008ML550 because I wanted a few more options such as a hitch and backup camera. My 06ML was wonderful and I had no problems for the three years I owned it! My new 08ML550 is awesome! The extra 80 hp makes it even more powerful (ML500 was fast to me) and the gas mileage is about the same! How do they do that? The quality is top notch and this vehicle is so much fun to drive! Love it!

Awesome ML!
By Evangelist on 02/17/09 18:58 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my 3rd ML starting with a 2000 ML320, then a 01 ML430 and now this awesome 08 ML350. The advancements in technology, comfort, performance and design are amazing. My ML has almost every option including the Bi-Zenon headlights which are incredible in form and function. Even the power tailgate makes life so much more pleasant. Mercedes began the luxury SUV line and has totally raised the bar with the latest ML350. What an awesome vehicle.

Much Better than 2006
By drlgu on 02/16/09 17:27 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My wife had a '06 ML350 and loved the looks and how it drove; however, it was in the shop several times for power liftgate and squeaking rear suspension. Decided to trade in for 2008 with P2 package and never regretted it. The 2008 handles much better, probably due to larger wheels and tires. Bought it in June '08 and overall reliability and build quality has been excellent. The '08 also seemed to have improved on the 7sp transmission as it does not hesitate like the '06. Had opportunity to drive in 3 inches of snow and handled very well.

Zoom Zoom... not just for Mazda
By alexatlanta on 10/27/08 21:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML550 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

My ML550 has the power to scare squirrels on trees a quarter mile away. I love the take off speed. The stereo is very rich and nice. I never dreamed that satellite radio would be so addictive. The seats are seductive in their contours. While the nav has quite a few limits, such as the joystick and the lack of new roads, it serves it purpose well and has a much nicer voice than the 2006 edition. While road noise is more pronounced then the E class, it is much quieter in the ML than in many other cars. The car is just fun to drive. I really like at lights when someone pulls the other lane expecting to blow past the bloated SUV only to be mistaken.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.