2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Diesel Consumer Reviews

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Diesel - Consumer Reviews

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 CDI 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

ML320 CDI 3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel AWD 7-speed Automatic - (24 reviews )
worst invest I am going back to Honda
By sc1298 on 12/05/14 17:28 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Diesel ML320 CDI 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I purchased the ML 320CD as an upgrade to my 1988 Honda which after 200 thousand miles no major problems, never expected a MCB SUV will give me gray hair, I have changed several parts that in a less cheaper care start going bad close to 10 years, CD player went bad, the door lock went bad on the driver side one week later the passenger side is gone, the tire pressure sensor same story, bulbs blow weekly, now oxygen sensor need changing , changed the inlet port motor and now the disel filter need to change, the care is loosing power esp on an incline, the engine light is forever on, and the list goes on and on, i have spent at $10,000. for the year in repairs plus service, I am fed up, angry

piece of crap
By donnaw3 on 05/12/14 13:57 PM (PDT)

tank god I bought the extended warranty otherwise I would be broke for sure. intake manifold 3500.00. then the turbo, transfer case, intake censor, particulant filter etc, 10k, fuel system, tires1200.00 every two years. 600.00+ for any routine service, new battery over 500.00, triple AAA wont touch a Mercedes, I bought this vehicle thinking it would e the very best ever. its apiece of junk. the Mercedes emblem on the rims wore off 3 years ago- piece of junk. I am shocked at a Mercedes vehicle. never again in my life and I m 50.

Best SUV ever!
By RBL on 09/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

I ordered this car with all available options. Towing my horses on highways and hills is effortless and I have NEVER gotten less than 20mpg. I find the nav system very accurate but data entry is a pain. The Airmatic suspension makes a HUGE difference in the ride and handling quality over lesser-equipped M Class cars. There have been zero defects, so my only expense has been to replace the tires and 3 maintenance stops. An outstanding vehicle made in the USA!

Why do hybrids even exist?
By Mikey on 08/24/10 12:34 PM (PDT)

Wonderful vehicle. Terrific performance from all that diesel torque, yet it gets superb mileage (avg. 22.1 MPG over 45,000 miles). Very comfortable on long trips. Lots of storage. However, it's outrageous that memory seats are not standard equipment at this price. Maybe they are now standard on newer models? My dealer in Grand Rapids, Michigan is excellent, both sales and service. BTW, hybrids are a losing proposition. We already have diesel infrastructure in place, the technology is proven beyond a shadow of a doubt and the diesel complaints (noise, polution and smell) have been solved. My second M-B diesel won't be my last.

Nice car but many little problems.
By Fred on 03/19/10 10:56 AM (PDT)

The dealership is excellent and does its best, but my car had a battery drain problem that left me stranded in airport parking lots several times after long trips from Europe and Asia. After many interventions and, as long as a week at the dealership at a time, to check it out, they changed the battery. I suspect once the battery gets old it will discharge again but I only have a few months left on the lease. The car also has had small problems that should not appear on a 55K plus car.

A good Mercedes Diesel
By Tuscaloosa Tom on 10/13/09 21:57 PM (PDT)

SUV is more than we expected. Good driving experience, excellent mileage @ 30 mpg highway and 25 in town. Radio and MB tech pkg helpful. HD lights a must, XM radio and NAV work well. Seats comfortable even with MB Tex. Would definitely buy again. No problems so far in this nearly 2-year- old MB Diesel SUV. Bought the extended warranty to 100K miles.

Destroys Tires
By Edward Vinca on 06/29/09 08:18 AM (PDT)

After 17,000 miles, tires developed excessive thumping. After a couple of conversations with the dealer, the dealer, as a favor, agreed to replace the tires, but I was responsible for the four wheel alignment. After 11,000 miles on the second set of tires, the thumping came back. Dealership agreed to check the alignment. According to them, it was within specs. They told me to talk to Michelin Tires. Michelin agreed to replace the tires as a favor. However, they are no longer responsible for wearing of the tires. So at this point, the car having 28,000 miles, the third set of tires has been put on. Mercedes will not accept this problem as their responsibility. HELP!

Good SUV
By eric on 11/19/08 00:29 AM (PST)

Bought this vehicle new and have been impressed with the handling and the fuel mileage. No one even guesses that this is a diesel when they are riding in it. One of the best features is the locomotive like pull while merging onto the interstate. Absolutely no problems finding diesel and with the large tank you cover a lot of distance. 27mpg in mixed driving.

Exactly what I expected
By Roscoe18 on 11/09/08 11:46 AM (PST)

It's no RR Sport. Not as fun- but 27.4mpg hwy and between 20-22 overall. The gas mileage is great and less carbon emissions. Diesel engine noise is annoying. Porsche will win if they can combine sport and "green" in the new Cayenne!

2008 ML320 CDI Diesel - way to go!
By Peter Shiakallis on 10/30/08 10:03 AM (PDT)

Bought the ML320 CDI after much consideration vs the BMW X5. It is better than advertised on MPG! I get 24- 28MPG around town and 30-32MPG on the hiway! Minimum 600 - 700 miles per tankfull! Plenty of power and torque that no gas engine can match! No black smoke and no noise! Americans should re-educate themselves about diesel! No hybrid can match the power and range - period. It is way ahead of any competitor in this range and I am 100% satisfied and as a previous Mercedes Benz owner - this the best I ever had!