Used 2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Diesel Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mercedes-benz M-class - Consumer Reviews

ML320 CDI 3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel AWD 7-speed Automatic - (25 reviews )

worst invest I am going back to Honda
By sc1298

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Diesel ML320 CDI 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I purchased the ML 320CD as an upgrade to my 1988 Honda which after 200 thousand miles no major problems, never expected a MCB SUV will give me gray hair, I have changed several parts that in a less cheaper care start going bad close to 10 years, CD player went bad, the door lock went bad on the driver side one week later the passenger side is gone, the tire pressure sensor same story, bulbs blow weekly, now oxygen sensor need changing , changed the inlet port motor and now the disel filter need to change, the care is loosing power esp on an incline, the engine light is forever on, and the list goes on and on, i have spent at $10,000. for the year in repairs plus service, I am fed up, angry

expensive piece of crap
By baby786

after 3 yrs of owning the ML320 CDI, I do have a lot of problems and expenses, the check engine light never ends, the lights always have to be changed at least every 3 months, as of this time my SUV has 58000 miles and the vehicle is in and out of the dealer, cannot fix the check engine light, I already spend almost $5000 . the vehicle has been there for a good 1 month, waiting for parts, then bring it home, drive for 5 miles, check engine comes back, they change a lot of parts, the SUV also has problem with acceleration, and the engine now is so noisy when you drive it. I thought this was the best vehicle I bought, this was the worst of all the brands I have.

Favorite Features

the navigation system is a pain to use ,I never used it because it is so time consuming,not user friendly.

Suggested Improvements

Since this vehicle is so expensive, they should make it very reliable and efficient ,not so prone to braking down of sensors etc. at least it will last for a good 8 t0 10 yrs with a 100 plus milage before it starts braking apart. I do not suggest people to buy SUV'S from Mercedes unless you are ready to throw money and make them rich.

piece of crap
By donnaw3

tank god I bought the extended warranty otherwise I would be broke for sure. intake manifold 3500.00. then the turbo, transfer case, intake censor, particulant filter etc, 10k, fuel system, tires1200.00 every two years. 600.00+ for any routine service, new battery over 500.00, triple AAA wont touch a Mercedes, I bought this vehicle thinking it would e the very best ever. its apiece of junk. the Mercedes emblem on the rims wore off 3 years ago- piece of junk. I am shocked at a Mercedes vehicle. never again in my life and I m 50.

Favorite Features

nice comfortable ride

Suggested Improvements

an over haul of the whole thing.

Best SUV ever!
By RBL

I ordered this car with all available options. Towing my horses on highways and hills is effortless and I have NEVER gotten less than 20mpg. I find the nav system very accurate but data entry is a pain. The Airmatic suspension makes a HUGE difference in the ride and handling quality over lesser-equipped M Class cars. There have been zero defects, so my only expense has been to replace the tires and 3 maintenance stops. An outstanding vehicle made in the USA!

Favorite Features

Ride quality, fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

A smoother-shifting trans.

Why do hybrids even exist?
By Mikey

Wonderful vehicle. Terrific performance from all that diesel torque, yet it gets superb mileage (avg. 22.1 MPG over 45,000 miles). Very comfortable on long trips. Lots of storage. However, it's outrageous that memory seats are not standard equipment at this price. Maybe they are now standard on newer models? My dealer in Grand Rapids, Michigan is excellent, both sales and service. BTW, hybrids are a losing proposition. We already have diesel infrastructure in place, the technology is proven beyond a shadow of a doubt and the diesel complaints (noise, polution and smell) have been solved. My second M-B diesel won't be my last.

Favorite Features

Engine. Engine. Engine. Good seats. Good looking design, both inside and out. Comfortable ride. 4Matic is excellent. Electric tailgate. Acceleration. Rain sensing wipers. Large gas tank for almost 700 mile range on the hwy. The overall driving experience is very good.

Suggested Improvements

Nav system is very clunky. Windshield wipers destroy themselves if they get frozen in place. Expensive oil changes, etc. Beige MB-TEX is hard to clean where my belt rubs black onto it. Wish I could have more seat adjustment options and electric steering wheel adjustment. Needs memory seats.