Used 2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:

Okay, but not great
By mmoran

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We purchased this vehicle in 2010 used with only 16,000 miles on it. It has been okay but I expected a bit more from a "luxury" manufacturer. At the end of the day, they are about the same as GM, Ford, etc. The electronic items that fail are really irritating. To date, we have had the rear hatch lock replaced, the drivers side door lock replaced, and the master window switch on the drivers door replaced. There aren't any children riding in this vehicle abusing the electronics so I just chalk it up to poor design and / or manufacturing. On the positive side of things, it still has the original tires and they are still have good tread, the vehicle rides great, looks great, and we enjoy driving it. We don't drive a lot here in Omaha, NE and put less than 5,000 miles per year on it so it still has only 45,000 total miles on the vehicle. Hopefully it will live up to the standards of our old C230 Kompressor that is still going strong at over 260,000 miles...

2008 MB ML350
By Erik_harnisch@hotmail.com

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Great SUV, with lots of comforts and toys. Solid road handling, good power.
Things to look for:
Suspension Bushings, Upper and Lower control arms front.
Brake wear and life remaining
Check power steering leaks at control head and power steering pump.
I recommend no air suspension.

Great car
By jojay1

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I have been owning my 2008 ml350 since three years, 54000 miles on it. Actually it's an enjoyable suv, smooth, very powerful with a good fuel consumption. I can say that the roads where i have been driving it are bad, but the ML can easily deal with it. No real problem to share and great reability from this car. I really love it and advice it to anyone who is searching for a good and solid suv.

Bad dealership bad car
By klm001

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is the bottom line worst car I have ever purchased and the dealership is even worse than the car.
I purchased an ML350, 5 days after I purchased the car it had to go in for service and in less than 20 months the car has been in 21 times!
Everything from the rear hatch not working (constant problem), sunroof, cam shafts leaking, oil leaking, random lights not working, battery going dead for no reason and stranding me, and the last one was the a/c going out completely.
Of course out of 21 times in the dealership my service advisor who is the only decent part of this experience does not know what to do except to schedule me for service for next month in advance because she knows soon so

The car interior is beautiful, it is on of the reasons I purchased the car, it also feels very solid compared to alot of cars. Its tight suspension makes it feel like a sturdy well built car. It is unfortunate that was not the case.

Dealership should stand behind obvious issues with a car that even the service advisor admits is not due to the user.

Probably not worth the investment
By spicoli2

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I bought this car new in October 2007. I have general dislikes about this vehicle and the cost of ownership. First, the SUV has 37k miles on it and I am on my 3rd set of tires at $1100 per set (including mounting and balancing). MBUSA says it's due to the weight of the vehicle and that the tires available are soft (whatever you do DO NOT buy Continental 4X4 contacts for this car).

Second, there are many, many little things that for a MB are un acceptable like, front defroster only has one setting, which is high, then you need to play the on/off game with it when the windows fog up, the radio does not display the song or artist, the alarm makes no audio sound to indicate it is alarmed, ect

Goof performance Exterior styling Storage space

Change settings for front defroster Have radio display artist and title Have alarm have the ability to have an audio sound to indicate the vehicle is secured Full size spare tire Paint that doesn't scratch if you look at it wrong Changing front light bulbs requires an entire free day