Used 2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mercedes-benz M-class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:

worst invest I am going back to Honda
By sc1298

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 CDI 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I purchased the ML 320CD as an upgrade to my 1988 Honda which after 200 thousand miles no major problems, never expected a MCB SUV will give me gray hair, I have changed several parts that in a less cheaper care start going bad close to 10 years, CD player went bad, the door lock went bad on the driver side one week later the passenger side is gone, the tire pressure sensor same story, bulbs blow weekly, now oxygen sensor need changing , changed the inlet port motor and now the disel filter need to change, the care is loosing power esp on an incline, the engine light is forever on, and the list goes on and on, i have spent at $10,000. for the year in repairs plus service, I am fed up, angry

expensive piece of crap
By baby786

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 CDI 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

after 3 yrs of owning the ML320 CDI, I do have a lot of problems and expenses, the check engine light never ends, the lights always have to be changed at least every 3 months, as of this time my SUV has 58000 miles and the vehicle is in and out of the dealer, cannot fix the check engine light, I already spend almost $5000 . the vehicle has been there for a good 1 month, waiting for parts, then bring it home, drive for 5 miles, check engine comes back, they change a lot of parts, the SUV also has problem with acceleration, and the engine now is so noisy when you drive it. I thought this was the best vehicle I bought, this was the worst of all the brands I have.

Favorite Features

the navigation system is a pain to use ,I never used it because it is so time consuming,not user friendly.

Suggested Improvements

Since this vehicle is so expensive, they should make it very reliable and efficient ,not so prone to braking down of sensors etc. at least it will last for a good 8 t0 10 yrs with a 100 plus milage before it starts braking apart. I do not suggest people to buy SUV'S from Mercedes unless you are ready to throw money and make them rich.

piece of crap
By donnaw3

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 CDI 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

tank god I bought the extended warranty otherwise I would be broke for sure. intake manifold 3500.00. then the turbo, transfer case, intake censor, particulant filter etc, 10k, fuel system, tires1200.00 every two years. 600.00+ for any routine service, new battery over 500.00, triple AAA wont touch a Mercedes, I bought this vehicle thinking it would e the very best ever. its apiece of junk. the Mercedes emblem on the rims wore off 3 years ago- piece of junk. I am shocked at a Mercedes vehicle. never again in my life and I m 50.

Favorite Features

nice comfortable ride

Suggested Improvements

an over haul of the whole thing.

Very nice
By hemi_torque

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML550 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

We have one without the airmatic setupů.Lightens the weight of the ML and eliminates any potential air springs issues in the future. It has blazing acceleration - when launched, even at part throttle, it can feel like you just got rear ended by a truck that forgot to stop. You'd have to see it to believe what cars it can out accelerate on a regular basis. Has a solid yet comfortable ride. Structure is very solid & tough. Engine & exhaust are tuned to be quiet & relaxed, and so don't be expecting high performance sounds. Has been very reliable so far. It's also a very safe SUV with great crash test results. MPG is actually not bad considering this level of power in an SUV package.

Favorite Features

Torque, power, gearing, instant engine response, the 550 version exclusivity, build quality, very attractive interior & exterior design, amg sports package, 7-speed automatic, pre-owned value, great visibility, feels small & maneuverable, reliability, luxury. Instantly noticeable orange turn signals in the rear, great turn signal indicators on the side mirrors. Can find a comfortable preference for the steering wheel & seat adjustments. Seats are comfortable on long drives. I could go on & on...

Suggested Improvements

Personally, I'd prefer: more car-like handling, (maybe the airmatic setup would help in this case), more relaxed steering - it can get a little nervous (twitches from left to right due to road imperfections) and so I was hoping for more relaxed steering characteristics around town. Sportier sounds from the engine & exhaust, a better manual mode, easier to use Command System. Better traction from the 4matic system since the front tires (yes front) tend to spin from stoplights quiet often even at just part throttle openings.

Bad dealership bad car
By klm001

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is the bottom line worst car I have ever purchased and the dealership is even worse than the car. I purchased an ML350, 5 days after I purchased the car it had to go in for service and in less than 20 months the car has been in 21 times! Everything from the rear hatch not working (constant problem), sunroof, cam shafts leaking, oil leaking, random lights not working, battery going dead for no reason and stranding me, and the last one was the a/c going out completely. Of course out of 21 times in the dealership my service advisor who is the only decent part of this experience does not know what to do except to schedule me for service for next month in advance because she knows soon so

Favorite Features

The car interior is beautiful, it is on of the reasons I purchased the car, it also feels very solid compared to alot of cars. Its tight suspension makes it feel like a sturdy well built car. It is unfortunate that was not the case.

Suggested Improvements

Dealership should stand behind obvious issues with a car that even the service advisor admits is not due to the user.