2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Reviews

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
worst invest I am going back to Honda
By sc1298 on 12/05/14 17:28 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 CDI 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I purchased the ML 320CD as an upgrade to my 1988 Honda which after 200 thousand miles no major problems, never expected a MCB SUV will give me gray hair, I have changed several parts that in a less cheaper care start going bad close to 10 years, CD player went bad, the door lock went bad on the driver side one week later the passenger side is gone, the tire pressure sensor same story, bulbs blow weekly, now oxygen sensor need changing , changed the inlet port motor and now the disel filter need to change, the care is loosing power esp on an incline, the engine light is forever on, and the list goes on and on, i have spent at $10,000. for the year in repairs plus service, I am fed up, angry

expensive piece of crap
By baby786 on 09/18/14 10:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 CDI 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

after 3 yrs of owning the ML320 CDI, I do have a lot of problems and expenses, the check engine light never ends, the lights always have to be changed at least every 3 months, as of this time my SUV has 58000 miles and the vehicle is in and out of the dealer, cannot fix the check engine light, I already spend almost $5000 . the vehicle has been there for a good 1 month, waiting for parts, then bring it home, drive for 5 miles, check engine comes back, they change a lot of parts, the SUV also has problem with acceleration, and the engine now is so noisy when you drive it. I thought this was the best vehicle I bought, this was the worst of all the brands I have.

piece of crap
By donnaw3 on 05/12/14 13:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 CDI 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

tank god I bought the extended warranty otherwise I would be broke for sure. intake manifold 3500.00. then the turbo, transfer case, intake censor, particulant filter etc, 10k, fuel system, tires1200.00 every two years. 600.00+ for any routine service, new battery over 500.00, triple AAA wont touch a Mercedes, I bought this vehicle thinking it would e the very best ever. its apiece of junk. the Mercedes emblem on the rims wore off 3 years ago- piece of junk. I am shocked at a Mercedes vehicle. never again in my life and I m 50.

Very nice
By hemi_torque on 02/23/14 00:36 AM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML550 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

We have one without the airmatic setupů.Lightens the weight of the ML and eliminates any potential air springs issues in the future. It has blazing acceleration - when launched, even at part throttle, it can feel like you just got rear ended by a truck that forgot to stop. You'd have to see it to believe what cars it can out accelerate on a regular basis. Has a solid yet comfortable ride. Structure is very solid & tough. Engine & exhaust are tuned to be quiet & relaxed, and so don't be expecting high performance sounds. Has been very reliable so far. It's also a very safe SUV with great crash test results. MPG is actually not bad considering this level of power in an SUV package.

Bad dealership bad car
By klm001 on 06/11/13 14:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is the bottom line worst car I have ever purchased and the dealership is even worse than the car. I purchased an ML350, 5 days after I purchased the car it had to go in for service and in less than 20 months the car has been in 21 times! Everything from the rear hatch not working (constant problem), sunroof, cam shafts leaking, oil leaking, random lights not working, battery going dead for no reason and stranding me, and the last one was the a/c going out completely. Of course out of 21 times in the dealership my service advisor who is the only decent part of this experience does not know what to do except to schedule me for service for next month in advance because she knows soon so

Probably not worth the investment
By spicoli2 on 11/24/11 20:15 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I bought this car new in October 2007. I have general dislikes about this vehicle and the cost of ownership. First, the SUV has 37k miles on it and I am on my 3rd set of tires at $1100 per set (including mounting and balancing). MBUSA says it's due to the weight of the vehicle and that the tires available are soft (whatever you do DO NOT buy Continental 4X4 contacts for this car). Second, there are many, many little things that for a MB are un acceptable like, front defroster only has one setting, which is high, then you need to play the on/off game with it when the windows fog up, the radio does not display the song or artist, the alarm makes no audio sound to indicate it is alarmed, ect

Update after two years of ownership
By joe43 on 03/04/11 04:35 AM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML550 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I have now had my ML550 two years since my last review. I actually enjoy my vehicle even more than before!! I have had no problems with it and the power is just so amazing with the gas mileage not so bad (avg 15mpg). I live downtown and do not drive a lot of hwy miles but when on hwy I get 19 to 20 mpg. Small trucks with V6 engines do not get better in town gas mpg. The quality has stood up and I intend to keep this ML550 for a long time! I just love this SUV!!

Worst car I have ever purchased
By BJR on 10/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML63 AMG 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

Purchased the car new, 2008. After 11 months the car stalled out on me while driving! I brought it to MB and they told me they fixed it. Happened again and again. Life threatening problem! I tried to get MB to switch out the car but no way. Too much to ask, being safe! MB put new tires on the vehicle and the back tire leaks bad. They can't fix a tire either! I have brought the car in I can't count how many times. Still leaks! Car swerves all over the place. Horrible service, MB corporate doesn't care about us either. Only the $$$$$. I went back to BMW. The "7" handles like a dream and I don't feel like I am putting my family's life in harms way. Never again Mercedes!

Best SUV ever!
By RBL on 09/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 CDI 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I ordered this car with all available options. Towing my horses on highways and hills is effortless and I have NEVER gotten less than 20mpg. I find the nav system very accurate but data entry is a pain. The Airmatic suspension makes a HUGE difference in the ride and handling quality over lesser-equipped M Class cars. There have been zero defects, so my only expense has been to replace the tires and 3 maintenance stops. An outstanding vehicle made in the USA!

Why do hybrids even exist?
By Mikey on 08/24/10 12:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 CDI 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

Wonderful vehicle. Terrific performance from all that diesel torque, yet it gets superb mileage (avg. 22.1 MPG over 45,000 miles). Very comfortable on long trips. Lots of storage. However, it's outrageous that memory seats are not standard equipment at this price. Maybe they are now standard on newer models? My dealer in Grand Rapids, Michigan is excellent, both sales and service. BTW, hybrids are a losing proposition. We already have diesel infrastructure in place, the technology is proven beyond a shadow of a doubt and the diesel complaints (noise, polution and smell) have been solved. My second M-B diesel won't be my last.