2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Review: Stay away from the ML320

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Review

ML320 CDI 4dr SUV (3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel AWD 7-speed Automatic)

Stay away from the ML320
By bd2595 on

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 CDI 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I drive an older Mercedes Diesel and I have for years. I purchased this 2007 ML320 less than two years ago with just under 70,000 miles and the problems began. First, it has electrical problems and has burned out several brake lights in the two years. Then the rear hatch locking mechanism broke, over $400 to repair. Then it would not accelerate and we had it towed, there was a turbo valve issue, over $1400 to repair, then the alternator went out which required complete reprogramming of the car and was over $900. About two weeks ago just before a huge snowstorm it shredded not one but two serpentine belts. Now its in for a transmission problem. STAY AWAY these cars are junk.

The car has been so bad and unreliable I can't think of anything that doesn't need improvement. It has been in for repairs once every two months.
By adaos
on 09/22/14 11:04 AM (PDT)

Obviously he didn't get a used lemon. I have same car since brand new - same issues & too many to list and we are not the only 2 complaining about this FAILIURE junk. My sister purchased the same junk at the same time with me in 2007, and guess what? SAME PROBLEMS! I live on west cost she lives on the east cost, I know people that have the same issues with this JUNK. Last week I spent $3,700 on it for the turbo, before: oil cooler, inlet shutoff port motor, electrical, mechanical, fuel pump, light switches, glow plug controller. Over $15,000 in total repairs. Since 2007 the very second month into it the transmission failed- my sisters on the 3rd month! oops coincidence? I called and ask for recalls, they said none. Luckily was it covered by the manufacturer (Chrysler - Alabama) warranty. Every month afterwards i had issues. Every time i asked the dealer if it is a common problem, they told me it is unusual, or that I'm having bad luck with it. Hmm.. after paying $80,000? Well i start doing my research and trying to find out more about it knowing that my sister is having similar issues i found out that there are so many people having same problems and that the model of cdi 320ml IS A MANUFACTURER FAILURE! Shame on Mercedes for letting their name being ruined by Daimler Chrysler- Alabama. My suggestion is DO NOT BUY ANY CARS MADE BY DAIMLER_CHRYSLER. I will rather buy Japanese, Korean or GMC then Mercedes.

By thepilotman
on 04/17/14 08:44 AM (PDT)

Obviously you got a used lemon. I've had an MB diesel for several years and know several people who've had them without a lick of trouble. It is just a machine, but in my experience one of the most reliable and safe vehicles on the road. Sorry you had a bad experience. You must have got a bad car. That's the chance you take when you get a used car! it's only as good as the person who took care or it!