Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Reviews - 57 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:

You're Not Going To Believe This!
By Cynthia A.

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Let me begin by saying, I am trying to love my ML350. I have had it for 1 1/2 yrs. now. The ride is smooth and without the major and minor hiccups I'm about to explain, I really try to love it. Let's begin: there is a plastic rattle sound that I hear every single day while driving at low speeds on normally worn roads.(can't hear it on the highway or interstate) My dealership had it for four days and can't seem to fix it. Next, one day while opening my back hatch a large bolt just fell out of the hatch. Of course, there is the trailer hitch recall. Best of all my driver's side heated seat burned a hole in my seat and nearly caught on fire. Daughter was sitting in seat warming up between soccer games.

Back up camera, sound system, cargo space

Nav system needs updating, more standard equipment. Everything seems to be an upgrade

First Mercedes Exceeds Expectations
By wofatbill

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 CDI 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

Ordered this vehicle in January and did not get delivery until May. This is the only thing that disappointed about Mercedes. After almost 6 months and just over 10000 miles, I have found very few shortcomings and many pleasant surprises. The most pleasant has be fuel efficiency. Overall combined mileage is right at 27 MPG. Trips up and down the east coast this summer registered almost 30 MPG, both better than the ratings on the sticker. Solid construction, quiet operation, real luxury feel, terrific acceleration and very comfortable seats among the most pleasing characteristics. Only disappointment so far is iPod integration bug which MB has promised to fix. Highly recommended.

Adjustable contour seats. High torque. Fuel efficiency. Navigation system. Luxury feel. Quality build.

Better iPod integration.

Sweet
By hoonsgal

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I just purchased the ML350 after seriously considering the Lexus RX400h and the Acura MDX. I really fell in love with the ML350's appearance and the smooth and relatively powerful ride. The interior is very comfortable and spacious and this car is a joy to ride. I will say that if navigation is a big priority to you, the Acura is much better. The system is clumsy and you can't even find a Starbucks on it! But, it is functional.

iPod integration, power liftgate, drive, overall comfort, gorgeous looks

Navigation! Radio should have info. on what songs/artists are playing, more reliable voice activation

Great Handling SUV, Some Big Nits
By Barry

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

My 2007 ML 500 is the best handling and riding SUV I have been in. Really enjoyable to drive, corners extremely well. Seats are really comfortable. Cargo space is pretty roomy. Biggest complaint is delay in acceletration: Car "jumps" after 1 sec or so delay when stepping on the gas. Gas mileage is terrible. Also the automatic tailgate only goes about 3/4 of the way up, and so if you don't remember to push it the rest of the way up with your hand, you will bang your head on it if you are more than about 5' 10"(which I have done about 100 times). Final complaint is navigation is very hard and slow to program, especially if you are in a hurry.

Comfort, ride, handling, cargo space

Transmission/acceleration, gas mileage, auto-tailgate, Navigation

Delivered unit not equal to the test car
By Daniel Fraser

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The car wanders & needs to be constantly corrected - the steering is dead/sloppy in the center position. Steering wheel will not return to center and must be pulled back. The engine idle is rough & goes up and down and causes a vibration in the cabin at the low idle point. Braking at times hits a sticking point that can be pushed through but then the brakes comes on hard and fast. At 5000 miles and multiple trips to the dealer I recieved no help from the dealer or MB USA. I asked them to purchase back the car the answer was NO My advice - don't purchase this car. It is not the quality product I expected. The dealership was pompous when I tried to explain my concerns and dissatisfaction.

The premium sound system is great as is the air conditioning system.

The power steering wheel needs to go lower. Put a clock & outdide temp on the command center. Would be good if they are added to the compass screen. The passenger should be able to see these items. Car ride height is a litle high especially in the back seat.