2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Review: 2007 ML500

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Review

ML500 4dr SUV (5.0L V8 AWD 7-speed Automatic)

2007 ML500
By FredinMD on

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Purchase based on one criteria: I'm 6'5" and fit comfortably. With the seat all the way back, I can barely reach the gas. My previous vehicles were Suburbans/Denalis but GM lowered to roof line so my line of sight was the sun visor! ML500 exceeds my expectations. I was concerned about comments re: navigation; it has some Teutonic quirks, kind of like a Siemens cell phone I had, but it's great and I like that it recalculates the route when you choose to deviate rather than chastise you to turn around, like some systems do. If BMW hadn't reduced driver's cabin space length in '07 for the sake of the ridiculously little 3rd row seats, probably would have gone with X5, but I couldn't be happier.

Effortless acceleration, adaptive HID headlights, extremely comfortable and supportive seats

Telephone system permitting only certain MB-programmed phones pales compared to BMW's system compatible with any blue tooth phone and even to GM's OnStar phone.